Conservative Coaching

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Conservative Coaching

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 pm

Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:35 pm

Uh, Eric .......

Oops, I spoke too soon, I was looking for a link, but found I could click the sentence you posted to get there. My bad. :oops:

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:19 pm

TDDVandy wrote:Right. I'm actually surprised that more people aren't picking them to beat Arkansas this Saturday. With the way the two teams have played to open the season, and the game being at Vandy (granted, not a great home field advantage) you'd think Vandy would be a more popular pick.

Instead, we're getting garbage like this (from edsbs.com):

"Vandy’s D has played well, but they will be facing their toughest test of the season to date, and with RB McFadden back to full strength expect the Arkansas O to start surpassing LY’s average of 26 ppg."

Really? The Arkansas offense is better than... Michigan? I can see somebody thinking that Arkansas's offense is better than Alabama's, but not Michigan's. Until Arkansas gets a passing game (and no, Mitch Mustain isn't ready) teams will just load up to stop the run. The Hogs didn't exactly dominate against Utah State last week.

"Vanderbilt’s O is poor–8.5 ppg and 180.5 ypg thus far–and they will struggle to score even against poor defenses this season."

Once again -- look at who they played. Alabama has one of the best defenses in the nation, and Vandy did okay moving the ball last week. Not great, but enough to make me think that they can do well against Arkansas's defense.
Again, I cannot find fault with your logic. Hopefully you are wrong, but I will not be surprised if the Hogs go down this weekend. Boy how the Razorback program has slipped.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:15 pm

Even though Vandy is 0-2, they are a pleasant suprise. A lot of people didn't think they'd have the ability do do much, but they have shown they are a competitve bunch. Maybe it's been this way and I haven't noticed it? :?:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”