Pick'em Stats

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Pick'em Stats

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:05 pm

I thought it would be fun to go back and see what teams appeared the most and if I'd be biased towards any specific conference when choosing games to be on the pick'em. I didn't take into account this week since conferences with championship games would get hurt and it would skew the results. These are the appearances:teams ratio per conference (I took the total number of appearances in a conference and divided it by the amount of teams so I could even it out between conferences with more teams). So these would be the most often-occuring conferences weighted for size (there are a couple ties, but I rounded so I didn't keep track of the exact number in question):

1. Pac-12 - 5.5
T2. ACC - 5.25
T2. B1G - 5.25
4. SEC - 5.16
5. Big 12 - 5
T6. Big East 4.75
T6. WAC - 4.75
8. Independents - 4
9. C-USA - 3.41
10. Sun Belt - 3.1
11. MWC - 2.875
12. MAC - 2.75

The most-occuring teams:

1. Utah - 10
T2. Louisiana Tech - 8
T2. Rutgers - 8
T2. Michigan - 8
T2. Georgia - 8
T2. South Carolina - 8
T7. Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, Kansas State, Texas, Texas A&M, ECU, Washington, USC, Auburn, Utah State - 7

Other Notable Teams For You Guys:

Boise State - 3
Arkansas - 4
West Virginia - 4
Purdue - 3
Syracuse - 5
Cal - 5
Duke - 3
Hawaii - 4
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Re: Pick'em Stats

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:07 pm

I think it looks like I would be biased against smaller conferences, but I mostly side with the larger ones in the Pick'em due to the fact that you guys are obviously more familiar with them. Also, teams like Boise State, Houston, Alabama, LSU, TCU, etc. didn't appear all that often this year since their competition was overmatched week-in and week-out.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey someone's gotta do it. Might as well be you! Thanks/
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:28 pm

I think your picks are fine. I think my wishing ability is not so fine.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm

It's difficult to find 20 games each week that has teams of interest and not have huge point spreads. A game that everyone picks the same side, is meaningless. Oftentimes there must be obscure teams that the point spread is small to make it interesting.

I think the selection of the games was fine.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “General Discussion”