Next season... need your opinions

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Fantasy Sports Team Selections

Top 25
17%
Vote
50%
Random
17%
Conferences
17%

Total votes: 6

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:53 pm

WHAT A STUPID IDEA!

Just kidding, because I'm allowed to joke with you like that, haha.

That's actually a pretty good idea. But, I mean, when if it's something like...

Vegas says: Temple by 5 over NM State.
CCR 119 says: NM State 25 over Temple.

Do we really want to use that game?

That's the only problem that it comes down to. If we were going to do that, we may as well let someone (like Eric or Spence) continue to pick the games.

Like I said, after pouring over the code all last night, I think we can keep going like that.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:17 am

First of all, I doubt such a wide difference would ever exist on a game. And if it did, so what?
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:46 am

That's the only problem that it comes down to. If we were going to do that, we may as well let someone (like Eric or Spence) continue to pick the games.

If we do it that way I vote for Eric. :lol:

The hard part about doing the prediction game is keeping track of the scores and the picks. Boomer put them on a spread sheet when he started doing it. I did too. I don't know how Eric did it , but I suppose it was much the same way. Keeping the tally right is the hardest thing. I always did it twice to make sure I did it right. If the new program does that it makes it pretty easy to take care of and will make it more accurate as it is less likely to make mistakes as I am.

Still if we have to let the program pick the games it wouldn't be a lot different. You would still have to learn a little about the games it picked and sometimes big underdogs make it a game. Example USC - Fresno St. In college football there are no sure things.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:24 pm

Yes, Spence* (oops), the game automatically tally's up everything. All you do is type in the game info (who vs who, and when), and then after the games you go and type in the scores. The rest is all automatic.
Last edited by openSkies on Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:02 pm

If I understand this correctly, 25 teams will be 'locked' into the computer. Why not just use Congrove preseason 25? If it's the most reliable, why not go with it?

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:04 pm

That would be the 'Top 25' option. We could decide later to either use the BCS or the CCR119.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:21 pm

Matt, I have an idea, since in all likelihood you will be doing a 'people's poll using people registered on this website, why not do something akin to what the BCS does. Or, in other words, utilize the 'vote' along with the computer poll, and average them together.
Maybe it could be the CFP Poll? Just an idea.

Return to “General Discussion”