Nebraska - Michigan

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:18 pm

Howdy, I don't think that anyone is questioning the Nebraska win, or the fact that there were bad calls in both directions. Michigan needed to overcome the bad calls and it is a part of the game. I think what most are saying is that those officials weren't any good. they weren't consistant in the way they called the game. It doesn't mean that Nebraska would have lost the game with good officials. Nebraska came to play and looked very good in the game.

Eric, as any fan would in a poorly called game, is still miffed about the officials. In the end though, I think he would acknowledge the fact that both teams had to overcome bad officiating to win. Michigan didn't, Nebraska did. It is a shame that a game between to storied football programs has become over shadowed by some lousy officials from the SBC. Both teams deserved better.

Sorry I forgot to log in :roll: This is Spence

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:43 pm

I'm just a tad irritated, I'm pretty much over it though. While watching that game however, I yelled so much I lost my voice almost. I must not have been very attentive to the Nebraska side of things, because I didn't see a lot of calls that were negative to Nebraska.

Yet, as I've been saying over and over again, Michigan outplayed Nebraska for the first 3 1/2 quarters, and Nebraska closed it out. This is Lloyd Carr football, yeah! He is such a terrible coach. Regardless, I have never taken anything away from the Cornhuskers, they won this game, and ranting on the officials isn't going to change anything.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:13 pm

The officiating has been questioned in this game, and admittedly there were a number of 'close' calls that could have gone either way, but for the most part, I thought it was a fairly-called game, as there were calls that both helped and hurt either team.
The plays that stick out in my mind were the TD that was taken away from Nebraska (good call), the simultaneous collision that was penalized (good call) the interception that was awarded to Nebraska (good call), the fumble that led to a Nebraska TD (good call).
The only two 'questionable' calls that I remember were the pass interference penalty that wasn't called (questionable at best), and the Chad Henne 'fumble' that in all honesty looked like an incomplete pass.
Both of those calls could have turned the tide in Michigan's favor, but neither was overturned, and Michigan still had a chance to win (the player didn't lateral the ball).
All-in-all, I thought it was a 'fairly' officiated game. And I don't even like Nebraska.
Last edited by colorado_loves_football on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:52 pm

I don't think it was a poorly officiated game at all. I think that's sour grapes on the part of those who wanted Michigan to win at any cost.

I could care less if Michigan won that game or not. It was a very poorly officiated game. That doesn't mean Nebraska didn't deserve to win. They did. They played a good, clean game and didn't do anything wrong.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”