UTSA -v- South Alabama

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

UTSA -v- South Alabama

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:50 pm

I didn't give UTSA a chance going into this game. 1 play in and South Alabama picks about 50 on a nice pass...I knew it was going to be a long day..a few plays later and So Bama had 7...yes, a very long day! (Not so fast!)
Then the Roadrunners came to life...they made several nice plays with options and passing and even pounded the ball a bit. They took the lead into the locker room 17-10!
3rd quarter looked like Big 10 football circa 1976....each pulling 3 and outs then So Bama drives the field and gets 7. UTSA drives the field and turns it over inside the 10. So Bama runs 2 plays and the 3rd Q is over...haven't seen a quarter that fast since 1980-something. Then the 4th Q that wouldn't end ensued...Time Outs and some injuries, some plays going no where...but finally UTSA starts driving the field w/ about 3:40 left in the game. Taking the ball all the way down to 9 yard line and called a TO w/ 3 seconds remaining. (And the kicker looked great all day!) The kick...and the block...uggggh!
OT, So Bama runs 3 times and in for 7. UTSA sets up with 4 wide outs (after a 5 yard penalty...1st and 15 form the 30) and the QB takes the ball in the shotgun and blasts to the left side of the line...stopping and backing up 3 steps to hit a wide open receiver streaking to the End Zone...and 7 is on the board. (This was a repeat from the 1st half that lead to 7 from 50yds out.) But then UTSA only manages 3 in the 2nd OT with some ineffective optioning. So Bama runs the ball left and goes 25yds for 7 and the ball game.

I couldn't believe the blocked FG! And couldn't believe Coker went back to the well with that fake QB dive pass play on 1st down. Rough loss, but it was a good game!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”