Matt Leinart: Bust

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

What do you Think?

Bust
63%
Superstar
38%

Total votes: 8

Eric

Matt Leinart: Bust

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:49 pm

He's going to be a bust. The thing that not many teams have been able to do is PRESSURE Matt Leinart. I saw what Texas did when they were shutting him down. For some reason he thinks he is Michael Vick and he scrambles out of the pocket trying to make a big running play. In the NFL, you are getting pressured half of the time, you don't have as much time to make a choice in the pocket than Leinart does at USC. When you pressure him, he makes stupid passes, throws high, and considering he is just as immobile as Drew Bledsoe, he scrambles for 2 yards. I'm telling you, it is so obvious that he is going to bust in the NFL. I think he'll damage his draft status even more when the combines come around.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:22 am

Leinart will definitely be good, if I were him, I'd be hoping that VY goes pro and gets drafted higher, he couldn't make a bad team good, but he could make a great team into champions. VY isn't capable of losing. Send him to Houston, trade Palmer for a lineman + a draft pick. Houston has a winning season.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:50 am

Leinart is going to have to be very mindful of the offensive system the team that drafts him uses. I believe he can be successful provided he's in the right offensive system.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Can't really vote in the poll because I'd put him inbetween. Not sure he;'d be a superstar but don't think he'll fail completely in the NFL. Like others have said, right system, right fit.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:07 pm

I seriously think he will be a Joey Harrington-like quarterback at the next level. He just isn't any good under pressure in the pocket, you aren't going to succeed when you play with that style.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:45 pm

A system similar or like the St. Louis Rams use would seem to me to be a good fit for Leinart. The Colts system too.

It's worked out well for Mark Bulger, had to get that WV prop in there. :wink:

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Well, with respect to Matt Leinart, he did have a very good game against Texas, only one interception, that I remember, and I think when the game's on the line he plays well. But I thought he 'choked' when he didn't simply try to gain sufficient yardage for USC to attempt a field goal. But my impression is he will do well, at the next level.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:28 pm

I can't decide whether to root for him or not.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:35 pm

I also think that Reggie Bush is in for a rude awakening. He's going to find out the hard way that you aren't going to shake linebackers who are almost as agile as he is out of their shoes. He's not going to get 10 yards of seperation when he goes out on a pass play. I don't think that he'll be a great player with the moves of Gayle Sayers, but he'll still be pretty productive.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm guessing Bush will be a receiver in the NFL not a TB.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:55 pm

I don't know, teams don't like drafting losers. I'll bet more NFL coaches saw him lose a game this year, than win a game.

Return to “General Discussion”