Player of the Week Nominees: Week 2

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Player of the Week Nominees: Week 2

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:11 am

I have to admit; due to my staying up way too late from Friday night, into Saturday morning, I slept mostly through the middle afternoon games block, catching only the very end of most mid-day games, then watching all of the prime time games. (even though I missed the last 30 seconds of Michigan's win over the leprechauns)

I did however see two wild Friday night games; and it is there where I make my choice for this week:

Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler
Passing
Completions - Attempts
24 of 32
Yards - 35 --- Average - 11.0
TD's - 3 --- Interceptions - o
Rushing
Carries - 5
Yards - 34 --- Average per Carry - 6.8
TD's - 1 --- Fumbles - o

Osweiler held his team together when their backs were against the wall. Arizona State watched the lead they had built dwindle on them; Missouri had much momentum in the favor. The Sun Devils took it in overtime.

======= ======= ======= ======= ======= ======= ======= =======

I know Denard Robinson deserves quite a bit of credit for pulling through when the game was on the line; and I give him an honorable mention for his performance.

Though; Robinson's 3 interceptions put the Wolverines in a hole.

It is amazing how he can fight his way back into a game. But, Michigan would not have had to struggle so much, had Robinson not turned the ball over.

So, honorable mention; rather than the award.

======= ======= ======= ======= ======= ======= ======= =======

other nominees:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”