[NOTICE: Please Read] We love you, so here's a present...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

[NOTICE: Please Read] We love you, so here's a present...

Postby openSkies » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:49 pm

So I see that a lot of you participated in the 'Fantasy Sports' for the UT/USC game. Glad to see that.

If anyone has any comments on it, I'd like to hear them.

Really, though, your comments don't matter. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just the truth.

Why am I being so harsh?

Well, you comments don't matter because we're not using Fantasy Sports version 1.0.7 (the thing we used this time around).

Instead, we've gone ahead and...

Purchased Fantasy Sports v3.6.1!

We figured it was a good investment, and it has a heck of a lot more features for you guys.

What features? Glad you asked:

(1) Points!
You'll be awarded points based on your predictions, and by that time we'll have a system set up to where you receive cool little images to put in your signature (something that says how amazing/cool/good at predicting you are). Kind of like ranks, but ranks will still be based off of the number of posts you make (CFP Admin's final decision on that matter).

(2) Predict Winner/Score!
You don't HAVE to pick the score, any more. You can elect to only predict the winner. Much quicker, if you choose to do it that way (but you don't get the big points).

(3) Faster!
Faster for you, faster for us, and much cheaper on the bandwidth/storage space. What more could you ask for?

(4) Picking History!
You can see how you (and your peers) all predicted for the entire season in a nice, simple, easy-to-read table.

(5) Betting!
Yes, last but not least, you can BET! Challenge your friend to out-do you with his predictions, and wager your hard-earned points. Winner gets the whole sha-bang, loser... well, loses the points he/she bet.

Any comments/questions you guys?? I'm excited about this, hope you are, too.
Last edited by openSkies on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:07 pm

yay!

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:18 pm

Sounds pretty cool, thanks!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Sounds like fun. :)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:42 pm

(2) Predict Winner/Score!
You don't HAVE to pick the score, any more. You can elect to only predict the winner. Much quicker, if you choose to do it that way (but you don't get the big points).

I'm glad you don't have to predict the score. Predicting the scores on alot of games is alot of work if you put thought behind it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”