keith jackson

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
irish88

keith jackson

Postby irish88 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:25 am

is it just me - - - or does this guy have to go ???????????????????????

he makes at least 10 incorrect calls every game.. takes him forever to recognize who is carrying or catching the ball .

if he could be in love anymore with usc it would be SICK !!!!!

dan fouts - - doesn't add a whole lot to a college atmoshpere.

who would you have wanted to broadcast that game ???

my pick - - ron franklin . to me he's the best college football announcer

analyst - i'll take gary danielson or mike gottfried .

ABC really needs to let keith jackson go.

thoughts ?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:23 am

Jackson is like 80 give him a break. He may be a little old to be still doing games, but he is a legend. You just don't show legends the door.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:52 am

WHAT?

i love kieth jackson and i did not notice the least bit of biasness towards usc. at all.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey, Irish88 .... you sure you are just not a little miffed about the comments Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts made about the height of the grass on the field last night being 5/8's high. :)

Seems I recall the Irish decided to leave it somewhat higher when Southern Cal paid them a visit earlier this season. :wink:

You ever been to the Rose Bowl and seen how far away from the field the press box is? The burnt orange numbers on the white uniforms that Texas wore last night isn't the easiest thing to see.

Geee, you want ABC to fire Keith Jackson ..... this guy is a tradition of college football .... what's next ????? tear down "The Big House" and "The Shoe" and "Notre Dame Stadium" because they are old. :shock:

I like Ron Franklin .... Mike Patrick and Shawn McDunun(sp) too as play by play guys. Danielson, Gottfried, and .... Oh, what is his name ... played center for Alabama ... coached there ???? as the color analyist.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm

Shaun McDonough? He's a terrible announcer! I don't quite understand!

As for Keith Jackson, he is still awesome. He is the best announcer in all of sports by far! I hope he doesn't retire very soon, I love listening to him.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:15 pm

I'm not catching your guys' drift, I think he is an awesome announcer.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:35 pm

O.K......, if that's what you think, but to FIRE him. Don't you think that is a bit harsh? :roll:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:48 pm

Hey, Eric ....... McDonough (thanks :) ) overcooks my grits sometimes too. He crosses the line on occasion with his statements, but I do like to hear him call a game.

I got so aggravated with him a couple of times .... I muted his cueball lookin' self. :P

It was when the Mountaineers were playing though ..... and they were not playing well .... I knew it, I just didn't like him saying it.

Had to laugh at myself later for that one. :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:54 pm

i think he has him cornfroosed with mike gottfriet

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Help me out here bama-girl and rolltide. What's the guys name that is a color commentator for ESPN who played center for Alabama, played pro ball and coached?

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Bill Curry, Mountainman? I think the ESPN Classic crew (Gary Bender and Bill Curry) is the best crew that they have, no question. Since they shuffled it up making Gottfried listen to nasly Shaun McDonough, and Bob Davie who over states everything (he is hard to listen to) with Ron Franklin who is my #2 announcer, I think this is the best one to listen to. I hate the new ESPN crews, Chris Spielman made the noon games on ESPN2 listenable!

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:34 pm

Bill Curry, Mountainman? I think the ESPN Classic crew (Gary Bender and Bill Curry) is the best crew that they have, no question. Since they shuffled it up making Gottfried listen to nasly Shaun McDonough, and Bob Davie who over states everything (he is hard to listen to) with Ron Franklin who is my #2 announcer, I think this is the best one to listen to. I hate the new ESPN crews, Chris Spielman made the noon games on ESPN2 listenable!

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm

What happened here? I don't think that was me posting it a second time, I'm still logged in.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:59 pm

That's him, Bill Curry. Sorry about that Mr. Curry ... thanks Eric ....

Agreed ..... Gary Bender is also a very good play by play guy.

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm

I've always thought that he was one of the greatest announcers of all time. I wouldn't fire him I would fire Brent Musburger and John Saunders myself. Did you hear Saunders "interview" a Captain of U.S. Army that is in Iraq? He asked him one four-word question that had a two-word answer and that was it. The soldiers were waiting for John to ask another question when Saunders started talking to somebody else about something completely different :!: :!: :!:

Return to “General Discussion”