Matt Leinart = jerk

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Matt Leinart = j@ck@ss

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:12 am

LubbockHasNoTrees wrote:Matt Leinart just showed why I do not like him. After the game, he stated he still thinks that USC is the better team despite losing. I think those hits he took in the 2nd quarter were more severe than originally thought.

Yeah...Total freakin loser....I could not be more happy with the outcome. Poor sports are despised all around and give college athletics a bad name.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:21 am

He was stunned by the loss and made the comments right after the game. You can't really hold that against him. He just wasn't prepared to lose. It was the wrong thing to say, but I think he would say something different today.

On the other side of the coin Reggie Bush went to the Texas locker room to personally congratulate the Texas team. That is a hard thing to do and shows alot of class on Bush's part.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:41 am

players are likely to say anything right after a game, their adrenaline is either overloading or bottoming out, depending on whether they lost or won.

but it did bug me the way the usc team seemed to be trying to pick a fight and taunt the other players after every play right from the beginning. shows a lack of class and had me rooting for texas even more.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:57 pm

Leinart was responding to a question wasn't he? If that's what he thinks or believes that fine. I would rather get a straight up and honest answer as opposed to a lie or something scripted. 8)

Not only should the answer, the environment, and the circumstances the answer was given in be considered, but those same considerations should be given to the question. Don't you think? :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:48 pm

I agree with Mountainman 100%! This guy is a total loser, a bad attitude. Even so, you congratulate the Longhorns, you got beat in what is pretty much their hometown. How dare he say they are still the better team! Texas came out and beat you, you congratulate them. No matter what the circumstances.

I was going to make a post about this, but Lubbock beat me to it!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:00 pm

Eric ...... I was taking up for Leinart .... sorry for the confusion. :) Guess I tossed you a curve in a fastball count. :wink:

Next time I'll try to do a better job of writing what I'm trying to say instead of expecting you to know what I meant. :roll:

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:36 pm

Whoops, that should read Bama Girl. I DISagree with you 100%!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Like Eric said, Leinart should have said it was a hard fought loss and that Texas just flat out played better football than the Trojans. I don't get the whole we're the better team nonsense. Leinart, you just lost to them, you're obviously not the better team.

Does anybody else think that Leinart is going to be a total bust in the NFL while Reggie bush is going to be breaking records every year :?:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Eric .... are you telling me that you disagree with the notion that Leinart should answer a question truthfully?

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:49 pm

well eric i agree with yoooouuuu toooooooo!
wait ........or do i disagree???

i can't remember.
anyway,
at the end of the game, they are all pumped up and crazy so i'm willing to forgive a slip up. yes, it showed little class but you can tell by the way usc acted after every play that they had never been coached on class, THAT was obvious. personally, i think the guy is a wussie jerk who needs his little butt whooped but i was trying to be diplomatic and fair :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”