The WAC is now 1-2 in Bowl Games this season

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

The WAC is now 1-2 in Bowl Games this season

Postby silverfox » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:02 am

Boise States questionable exclamation mark against Utah is the only redeeming factor so far. Fresno and Hawaii didn't help the WAC cause at all. It will be interesting to see how it all levels out. Count Hawaii out of the top 25 for the closing polls.
Win or Lose - IT'S HOW YOU HYPE THE OUTCOME! BCS logic: When teams in the AQ conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-AQ conferences lose, it is weakness.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The WAC is now 1-2 in Bowl Games this season

Postby WoVeU » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:49 am

In the 3rd quarter I was actually thinking Hawaii might win. And I was very intrigued as I could not remember a team ever winning with 6 TOs! (Of course I have CRS...so I guess that might not be saying too much.) :D
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Nevada should pound a Boston College team who sneezed their way toward bowl eligibility.

I doubt that Fresno State was unprepared against Northern Illinois. The Huskies brought an overachieving game with an interim head coach auditioning for a future head coaching gig.

Hawai'i practiced six times in the twenty days leading up to this game, which seems low. Is there an NCAA limit of number of practices/practice days going into bowl games?
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 am

I'm not sure what Hawaii's practice schedule was doing, but I do know that they literally played as bad as they could have possibly played. Tulsa didn't do too well offensively until the 3rd quarter, so the game was certainly a disappointment.

I don't think Nevada is anywhere near a done deal to beat Boston College. BC has really found a presence with the ground game and their freshman RB (I've forgotten his name). He carried the ball about 40 times against Syracuse for about 200 yards. That looks like a nightmare matchup against Nevada's arm-tackling defense.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 pm

armchairqb wrote:I doubt that Fresno State was unprepared against Northern Illinois. The Huskies brought an overachieving game with an interim head coach auditioning for a future head coaching gig.

Hawai'i practiced six times in the twenty days leading up to this game, which seems low. Is there an NCAA limit of number of practices/practice days going into bowl games?

If anything, Northern Illinois underachieved. They did not overachieve. It is definitely unachieving when you go undefeated in MAC play and then lose in the championship game when the other team won one game the season before and didn't even have its best quarteback available.

I guess you could say that NIU because of the number of people that thought Temple would win the MAC before the season started, but that error can be attributed mainly to the fact that Temple underachieved more than NIU did, not that the Huskies overachieved.

I didn't see the Iowa State game, but based on how the season turned out, you would have thought that Northern Illinois could have done better than lose by 17 points. As it turned out, beating Illinois couldn't have been that difficult because Fresno State did it, and Northern Illinois defeated the Bulldogs.

Northern Illinois could have easily had an undefeated season and made certain people on this board very upset.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Northern Illinois had a great year...they went .500 against BCS teams and that's pretty good.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

billybud wrote:Northern Illinois had a great year...they went .500 against BCS teams and that's pretty good.
Northern Illinois seems like they have had a pretty good football team frequently. Of course their enrollment of around 25,000 makes them a bigger school than Iowa, Nebraska and Northwestern in the Big 10.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “General Discussion”