Five bad calls under review - the most ever

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Larry

Five bad calls under review - the most ever

Postby Larry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Today, the NCAA annouced they are reviewing five "controversial" calls made during the Outback Bowl.

All five went against the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Now tell me....does anybody NOT think "money" was involved???

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:47 pm

Me, I think they were just bad. The C-USA commissioner said that they screwed up and shouldn't have called the off sides during the onside kick. What they are reviewing is the criteria by which these guys get picked to call the game. I believe it will lead to the officials being graded and picked on who graded out the best during the season. Something good should come out of it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:53 pm

Spence wrote:

Me, I think they were just bad. The C-USA commissioner said that they screwed up and shouldn't have called the off sides during the onside kick. What they are reviewing is the criteria by which these guys get picked to call the game. I believe it will lead to the officials being graded and picked on who graded out the best during the season. Something good should come out of it.

I always thought they took a vote from the teams involed as what ref would do the bowl games.

Not which game ,but which confr. that would have refs. there

Return to “General Discussion”