Pitt -v- Miami

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Pitt -v- Miami

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 pm

How in the world, how, oh how, did Pitt even get ranked pre-season! The QB appears to be lost. This is why I don't like playing Pitt, last game of the year...WVU never gets to throttle a young "deer in the headlights" QB. Because right now, he'd get sacked about 18 times!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pitt -v- Miami

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm

I don't see Pitt being that great...Miami either, but they are more than enough for PItt.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:17 pm

I think Harris is lacking in humility or something, how do you throw that many interceptions?
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

AAAHHHH!!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:33 pm

:!: :?: :!: Why am I having flashbacks of Brick-head Berlin... :!: :?: :!:

Too many needless mistakes....

An interception in the ENDZONE with a second receiver wide open.

A block in the back "AWAY" from the ball, having a punt return touchdown nixed.

Ineligible receiver down field when they were caught for pass interference in the endzone... that would have put us on the one yard line.

And then, follow that up with a delay of game penalty.

This game should have been 28-0 @ the 8 minute mark of the second quarter.

That second interception came on a first down, gave Pitt a little life... they got their first 1rst down @ the 6 minute point of the 2cnd quarter... and then seemed to move the ball well... our defense looked a bit flatfooted, almost with an; "oh-what? you mean we gotta go back out there already" expression.

Harris has to quit forcing the ball without looking for the 2cnd & 3rd receiver first. His problem is; when he starts to feel comfortable, he doesn't relax and play better, he gets greedy, goes for it all... and throws to the other team.

He can't get away with that in conference... he didn't get away with it in Columbus... hell, if it weren't for our defense, we'd be behind by 14 right now.

On that note:

How about Sean Spence.?. WoW! he seems to be everywhere out there... and our D-line is doing their part, too.

But if we don't start scoring, we won't win... because you can't keep giving the ball to the other team, expecting them not to gain momentum.

We are keeping Pitt close. And we are giving them every chance to get right back in this.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:40 pm

What Miami is doing usually will cost you the game...eventually! But I think the best Pitt could do with a few big plays, 2 more TO's, and some penalties is about 10, perhaps 13! Miami has got them covered!
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:52 pm

O-Mi-god!
Did his shin bend when they straightened out his leg?
Or is it his knee?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 pm

This is not good...

Harris out leaves us with many ???'s .

Highsmith didn't look good at all vs florida A&M.

This season may be over for us now.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Whoop...

Typed that up too soon.

Shows some true mox to come in and throw a touchdown in response to being knocked out of the game.

And since Pitt muffed the punt, he was right back in without Pitt getting a drive off first.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Defense is looking winded... 9 mins still left.

We're up 21 so this game feels over... however, I've seen it happen enough times to know, that isn't necessarily the case.

Even still... assuming we win; Shannon needs to get some extra stamina routines for the boys, because this kind of thing will sting in a tight race @ the end.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Now... why does this blowout feel like the game wasn't played that well by the `Canes?

Too much yet to improve on. I'm not satisfied.

Cane... [__]

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:39 am

I have watched Pitt play twice this year: Utah and Miami. They look terrible. Poor QB play is allowing defenses to play to stop the run. They will not win many games unless something changes quickly.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 am

That is most of their problem Doss, the QB. So they will get better, but it will likely be rather slow without a scheme change. It is hard to get better if you only get 7-10 plays with some protection and receivers getting open. Again I reassert my love of a good TE and FB, easier to run, easier to pass. Shorter plays, yep, but the drive stays alive! The coach needs to get the boy some help.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:32 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:Now... why does this blowout feel like the game wasn't played that well by the `Canes?

Too much yet to improve on. I'm not satisfied.

Sometimes that is what you see and the feel you get. I suggested that about another team this year and my friend saw the same game and did not see it that way...I got the lecture on statistics...I can read statistics in the newspaper....I think your feel of watching the game is valid. I only saw a quarter...but I thought Miami looked good..Pitt was bad...hard to play really well against a bad team. You have to be very disciplined to do well against a bad team and I think a lot of teams are not that disciplined as to execution, especially on defense.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:07 am

Miami looked good on defense. If you focus on the mistakes on offense and special teams, you might have some quibbles with the Canes play.

But, all in all, the Canes dominated Pitt while on the road. The Cane offense was really only stopped by the Canes while the Pitt offense didn't gett a sniff of the end zone.

A good win for Miami, in my book.

A bad loss for the Big East. After seeing NC State convincingly beat Cincy and UConn getting whipped 30-16 by Temple, the Pitt blowout only adds more fill in detail to the developing picture. Pitt's inability to score and the lack of protection by their O line, all added up to have them never really in the game, no matter what the score.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”