Ohio State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Ohio State

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:48 am

No matter what happens tonight, next year's National Championship will be played in Austin in September. Whoever wins that game is going to end up winning it all. Don't be surprised to see OSU vs Texas in the Fiesta Bowl next year.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:14 pm

I don't think Ohio State will have the defense to make it back to the desert next year, but I am always hopefull. I just hope we can muster enough offense when we play you guys next year to pay you back for taking us to the woodshed in Columbus this year. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 pm

Every needs to remember that they heard it here first!

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:11 pm

That's an interesting question, which team will likely win?
OSU or Texas? I say the winner probably has the 'inside' track on the BCS Championship game. OSU should be 'hungrier', but Texas will likely be 'up' for that game, in Austin. I agree with Yeofoot, it will likely select a national champion, similar to how last year's game did. But, OSU having to play in Austin, will likely be a 'huge' advantage for the Longhorns.
Looks like Texas will be National Champions, two consecutive years, barring some kind of 'miracle'. But you never know until they play.
Does Texas play anyone else besides Ohio St? I know they have a competitive Big XII scedule, but in regards to their non-conference?
Non-confernece games typically aren't as significant, but this will likely be an exception to that rule. I hope it's as good as the hype, leading up to it.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:38 pm

That's an interesting question, which team will likely win?
OSU or Texas? I say the winner probably has the 'inside' track on the BCS Championship game. OSU should be 'hungrier', but Texas will likely be 'up' for that game, in Austin. I agree with Yeofoot, it will likely select a national champion, similar to how last year's game did. But, OSU having to play in Austin, will likely be a 'huge' advantage for the Longhorns.

Both teams have to replace key players. Texas will come in with a green QB. Ohio State has to replace 9 on defense. Both teams carry a ton of talent on the rosters, but replacing all americans is hard no matter who the teams happens to be. I would like for this game to be the big battle everyone expects, but I don't think Ohio State will be up to the challenge next year. As good as the linebackers were I believe Ohio State will be solid a LB. The D-Line that replaces 2 will be solid also. The problem Ohio State will have is replacing the 4 DB's. The SS usually calls the defense and Ohio State really doesn't have anyone with the experience to do it. I hope they surprise me, but i don't think Ohio State will be in any championship race next season. If Ohio State beats Texas next year, then I think that Texas isn't ready to defend either. Ohio State won't make a run at the championship next year. :cry:

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:09 pm

I have to agree with Spence here. Ohio State will be good and in the running for the Rose Bowl but I don't know about making it to the title game. Some of the backups from this past season will have some big shoes to fill in Columbus.

I think somebody will emerge from the SEC to contend and I see Clemson as a dark horse out of the ACC for next season. Also, don't forget West Virginia.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:47 am

Also, don't forget West Virginia.

I think LSU will make a run. I also think this may be West Virginia's best chance at a run ever.

Return to “General Discussion”