FSU is AWFUL!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

FSU is AWFUL!!!

Postby Yeofoot » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:14 pm

I'd be so humiliated if I was a Seminole fan right now! Hey, let's force out one of the greatest coaches of ALL TIME! Way to go FSU. Your fans are terrible. Your administrators are terrible. Now...your team is terrible. The situation is so bad...I'm humiliated for the fans! Seriously...YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED!!! Anybody know how to pass a Music Appreciation Class???

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FSU is AWFUL!!!

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm

All fans everywhere always thing the backup QB is better then the starter. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Oklahoma, though, may be a great team this year and maybe Florida State just hit a perfect storm. I didn't see that game, but it did get ugly on the scoreboard.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:29 pm

I still think Ponder is a good QB. :?

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Ponder is definitely good... just would've won or had a better chance under Bowden. Every FSU "fan" should be humbled by not standing up for Bowden.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeofoot wrote:Ponder is definitely good... just would've won or had a better chance under Bowden. Every FSU "fan" should be humbled by not standing up for Bowden.

I'm not sure Bobby Bowden would have helped matters. The program was declining under his watch as well.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 pm

I think you have to give Fisher a fair shot before saying that he isn't going to cut it. One game against a really good team, isn't a fair measuring stick.

I do believe that FSU will find themselves missing Bowden as some point. Whether or not Fisher does well, he isn't Bobby Bowden and he won't ever be. You don't ever repace a legend, it just doesn't happen.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 pm

After my brilliant analysis....I quit. Hard to find anything FSU did right. Oklahoma just pounced. I think Ponder has the right stuff....just nothing seemed to work. Is there something in the water that makes Southern teams not know how to tackle today.....terrible....and the Tennessee game against Oregon....tackling on Tenn's part is non exisistent.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:26 pm

donovan wrote:After my brilliant analysis....I quit. Hard to find anything FSU did right. Oklahoma just pounced. I think Ponder has the right stuff....just nothing seemed to work. Is there something in the water that makes Southern teams not know how to tackle today.....terrible....and the Tennessee game against Oregon....tackling on Tenn's part is non exisistent.

Oh I know, really Donovan, the problem here is that the SEC just doesn't have the north-Mason-Dixon and west-Mississippi speed. The farmboys from Oklahoma and the surfer dudes that Oregon recruits out of California are just too much for these guys. It's the speed, especially up front because the slow, stodgy lineman are just no match for speed on the edges. If you saw Oklahoma or Oregon today, when they got their playmakers into open space, there was no way the flatfooted defenders could tackle one-on-one because the other guys looked like they were in warp speed.

The ACC and SEC just don't have the Big 12 and Pac-10 caliber athletes. That's all there is to that. What? Virginia is tied with USC after a quarter? I don't care about outliers, I just want to focus on a couple of games and have that inform my biases just because I long to grasp for some type of certainty because, for my simple mind, I want absolutist analysis that logically concludes that Mississippi State has more athletic speed than schools like Ohio State because of geography.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Eric...you're killin' me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:21 am

Eric, finally. I will say, however...that kid from Oregon....was quick.....Did you note the Leaves on their uniforms...looked like canabis to me....where is Fluiddude .....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:27 am

Spence wrote: You don't ever repace a legend, it just doesn't happen.

Maybe not, though;

Bama is sure doing their best to at least churn up a second one.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 am

Eric wrote: What? Virginia is tied with USC after a quarter? I don't care about outliers, I just want to focus on a couple of games and have that inform my biases just because I long to grasp for some type of certainty because, for my simple mind, I want absolutist analysis that logically concludes that Mississippi State has more athletic speed than schools like Ohio State because of geography.

"GASP :!: "

You mean to tell me... :arrow: ... They Don't :!: :?: :shock:

BLASPHEMY :!:

:idea:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:43 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote: You don't ever repace a legend, it just doesn't happen.

Maybe not, though;

Bama is sure doing their best to at least churn up a second one.

He will never be thought of like the Bear. No matter what and Bama has been waiting a very long time for him.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:24 pm

You are right;

Bryant will forever be to Alabama what Rockne is to the domers.

Though, Saban can obtain a Lou Holtz type of Love affair with the Bama faithful.

Holtz went on to Coach South Carolina a couple of years after "retiring" from notre dame.

These knuckle heads still treat him as though he is Royalty... and they put in a statue of him right outside the stadium.

He is not Knute, but he is considered one of their legends... eventhough the university pressured him to leave... because he was getting too close to Rockne's record.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”