Whadda-ya Think?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Whadda-ya Think?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Both of last night's games were exciting to watch; down to the wire in one, the other in overtime.

I figured that, once Auburn really got their feet, that they were just going to assert their will over Missi State.

But that never happened... and the Bulldogs wouldn't go away... even when things seemed to be out of hand for them.

Was that because the game stayed so close, and they felt like, just one more play, and we can win this?

Or do you think there is a real turn around going on down in the delta?

<>

Also;

tonight is West Virginia @ Marshall... hey Eric... you missed one.

I have a feeling West Va is going to blast `um... though, quite possibly the `Herd could hang around for the 1rst quarter `n' a half... if Marshall can force a few mistakes outta the Mountaineers early; this game could go deep into the 4th.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Dossenator

Re: Whadda-ya Think?

Postby Dossenator » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 pm

I think Miss State is improving. We have seen it for the past 2 or 3 seasons. They have been competitive and I think they will win a couple of games this year that no one thought they would win. Their defense is good...offense average due to the fact of not being able to throw the ball well consistently.

I also think Auburn is overrated. All the talking heads were saying how great Cam Newton was last night. I didn't see it. He did not look accurate as a passer and always looked to run first (and was just average at that as well). I also believe that Auburn has major issues on defense. Whe will see when Auburn plays teams with good offenses. Last week they gave up a ton of yards and points to a rebuilding Arkansas State team.

I missed the Temple game. I was at the doctor's office....have a sinus infection (YUCK).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:45 pm

I think it was the Cowbells. I wonder how much Miss St will get fined for their use when Auburn was trying to call signals?
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Also;

tonight is West Virginia @ Marshall... hey Eric... you missed one.

I have a feeling West Va is going to blast `um... though, quite possibly the `Herd could hang around for the 1rst quarter `n' a half... if Marshall can force a few mistakes outta the Mountaineers early; this game could go deep into the 4th.

Hmmm, I didn't miss one if nobody is going to pick Marshall :lol:

Marshall might keep it close, but usually my goal is to get the biggest 50/50 splits I can. They are hit or miss, and I definitely missed on Ole Miss / Tulane, but my alternatives weren't very good anyway.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Oh crap...I forgot to send in my picks!

darn..I hate those early games...now I'm out of it for the half...see ya!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:28 pm

No time for pics this year. One of my favorite parts too!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:35 pm

I don't think Marshall-WVU will be very close. Marshall came up with 4 or 5 respectable plays in 1 drive against OSU on offense, less on defense. I think WVU wins by at least 15. Doc has some insider information that will help in keeping it that close.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 pm

billybud wrote:Oh crap...I forgot to send in my picks!

I would think you could pick the games that had not started, but take a loss on the games that have been played. Of course, I am not running the picks.

I just thought maybe you thought we were going by percentage, and thought the games were too tough this week. :D :D
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 pm

I, too, thought we did away with the mid week games last year...sort of at the start for some reason...mainly was hard to get those in......but my memory is not that good and very short....there has been some comparison on that..but nothing is that short.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

billybud wrote:Oh crap...I forgot to send in my picks!

Just send it to me via PM. If you're short two picks it won't be a big deal. I'll start without using Thursday or Friday night games, but then if I do that everybody will wait until Friday night to do their picks and then what? :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:15 pm

By the way, good call on the game, Cane. Marshall played pretty well.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Eric wrote:By the way, good call on the game, Cane. Marshall played pretty well.

I think I'll blame the Ole Ibis too!

BTW, thinking of Hurricanes. It is Hurricane, WV...same as the U of M type is said...it is not Hurricon (as clown boy spoke it hur-i';kahn)...my dad and other Billies do say Hur-uh-cun! My nephew kept laughing at that. But at the end of the night, poor whipper-snapper was crying. I am relieved, as he is a real loud mouth and I would have heard crap until his mom got back to town to take his butt home. And I would have heard more junk every time I saw him!
He should be singing Billy Joel, "Someone's saving, someone's saving, someone's saving my life tonight!"
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 pm

WoVeU wrote:
Eric wrote:By the way, good call on the game, Cane. Marshall played pretty well.

I think I'll blame the Ole Ibis too!

BTW, thinking of Hurricanes. It is Hurricane, WV...same as the U of M type is said...it is not Hurricon (as clown boy spoke it hur-i';kahn)...my dad and other Billies do say Hur-uh-cun! My nephew kept laughing at that. But at the end of the night, poor whipper-snapper was crying. I am relieved, as he is a real loud mouth and I would have heard crap until his mom got back to town to take his butt home. And I would have heard more junk every time I saw him!
He should be singing Billy Joel, "Someone's saving, someone's saving, someone's saving my life tonight!"

:lol:

Uh-mm;

Are you drinking and burning couches tonight. :mrgreen:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”