WEEK 2 GAME THAT INTERESTS YOU...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: WEEK 2 GAME THAT INTERESTS YOU...

Postby Vileborg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 am

Yeah it looks like Jimbo has the Seminoles on the warpath. I might have to side with FSU as well.

As for games I want to see besides the above,

South Caro V. Georgia
South Florida V. Florida
Colorado V. California
Michigan V. Notre Dame
Iowa St. V. Iowa
Miami V. Ohio St.
BYU V. Air Force (Shaping up to be a good game.)
Penn St V. Alabama (Early season test for Ala., but Penn St. wasn't great Saturday)
Oregon V. Tennessee (Better gauge of Oregons strength)
UVA V. USC

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Vileborg wrote:Yeah it looks like Jimbo has the Seminoles on the warpath. I might have to side with FSU as well.

South Caro V. Georgia
South Florida V. Florida
Colorado V. California
Michigan V. Notre Dame
Iowa St. V. Iowa
Miami V. Ohio St.
Penn St V. Alabama (Early season test for Ala., but Penn St. wasn't great Saturday)
UVA V. USC

Agreed on the SC v. Georgia....I want to see Murray against a real defense.

I think I can also agree on Oregon, though I see Oregon pulling a big win here. Tenn is not going to be that great IMO. Although their new coach has my name and the last name of the greatest coach in GA history, so he can't go wrong.

And let me also say that I'm a HUGE Michigan fan this week.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:49 pm

I think Florida State will win the stat sheet and mess up late. Oklahoma playing Utah State that close was kind of a bad game on their part, but I actually think Utah State is bowl material this season (and my iron-clad, 100% Eric-Pick Guarantee of Week 3 is Utah State over Fresno State in Logan, Utah). Look for OU to play better defensively. And I'm not particularly impressed with FSU lambasting Samford.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:12 pm

I agree with Eric...we know nothing more about FSU, nor save four or five teams, this week than we knew before.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:19 pm

shandsgator8 wrote:
Vileborg wrote:Yeah it looks like Jimbo has the Seminoles on the warpath. I might have to side with FSU as well.

South Caro V. Georgia
South Florida V. Florida
Colorado V. California
Michigan V. Notre Dame
Iowa St. V. Iowa
Miami V. Ohio St.
UVA V. USC

+2

Before yesterday, I assumed UF would win the SEC East. Now, I make no such assumption. I still think UF will win it, but geez, it may get ugly. The winner of the USC v. UGA game will have the inside track (is there such a thing this early in the season?) to win the SEC East.

How about a South Carolina/Arkansas SEC title game? :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:11 pm

I agree..I really expected Florida to win a little bigger than that. I might be just "kinks" and trying out new plays.

I'm not writing them off, though I believe that a #4 ranking is about 10 spots to high.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Eric wrote:How about a South Carolina/Arkansas SEC title game? :lol:

Sounds good to me...it would be too bad for Gamecock fans though...you know having to lose to the Hogs twice in one season. :D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:21 pm

collegefbfan8898 wrote:OH YEAH, MY 700TH POST.

So, based on what was viewed in the first weekend of college football, which game (or two) catches your interest the most next weekend?

I have to go with Florida State @ Oklahoma. I was thinking a definite Oklahoma win against the Noles. Now, I know a win over Samford by FSU is not making me wet myself, but Oklahoma winning by 7 against Utah State has me looking for the nearest toilet.

Michigan vs Notre Dame but only because I am hoping for a 0-0 tie because the power goes out after 5 OT's.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

One thing I know...teams will punt out of bounds against FSU.

Samford kept giving FSU short field positions by knocking punts short and out of bounds rather than kick to last year's NCAA yard per return leader. They finally kicked one that stayed in bounds by three yards and Reid was gone for a 72 yard TD return.

My game thoughts..as much as you can really tell by an opponent like Samford.

Offense:

....Ponder looks good. He hit 86% before sitting for EJ to play. He scrambled on a couple and was accurate on the run.
....The offense clicked with the second/third teamers in there...only slowed down when the 4th team/scout team guys were playing in the second half. When you are up by 42 points in the first half, you pull your players out.
....The RB's will be pretty decent and will rotate in. No one is really a break away threat.
....The WR's need to start to come on. They were OK, but this wasn't Oklahoma.

Defense:
....The zone isn't as exciting to watch as Mickey's all out assaults were. With Andrew's attack defense, you gambled every down that you were going to get them before they got you. The zone is patient...and not very exciting.
....This defense is better than last year's. Should win a game or two more just based on their improvement.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:06 pm

collegefbfan8898 wrote:Oh well, for a moment there the Miami @ Ohio State game slipped from my mind. I will be 36 on Friday, and I guess time is catching up a little.

As far as Canes @ Buckeyes:
Not sure where to go with this one. Do you take the Buckeyes because it is at home? Or are they just better? Tressel is a great coach also. I am taking the Buckeyes.

I feel you on this one;

Gonna be 36 in Oct myself...

But I won't be slowing down until after we female-dog slap the horns off the Bulls and kick them back to Tampa on November 27th :P :P :P

Then, maybe I'll slow things down a bit, just enough to let billybud's old tail catch up with me for a night...

in our rematch with the `noles for the ACC title.

<>

Oh yea, I said it...

time to get feisty, `cause the season's under way.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Old? My friend I rode 250 miles on the hog today..and am getting up tomorrow to ride some more.

And that is after a day baking in the Florida sun, being up until the wee hours celebrating, watching more football, and listening to the band try to obliterate what is left of my hearing.

Old? OK..my butt is tired. But tomorrow will break anew.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 am

Actually one game that really has my attention this week is Central Michigan at Temple. I'm not sure why this potential MAC Championship game matchup is taking place in week 2, but it is definitely interesting.

I am also wondering how Oregon will play in Knoxville, and going solely on how they played in week 1, how about Fresno State (upset Cincy at home) going to Logan to play Utah State (played Oklahoma close in Norman)?

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 am

Jason G wrote:Actually one game that really has my attention this week is Central Michigan at Temple. I'm not sure why this potential MAC Championship game matchup is taking place in week 2, but it is definitely interesting.

I am also wondering how Oregon will play in Knoxville, and going solely on how they played in week 1, how about Fresno State (upset Cincy at home) going to Logan to play Utah State (played Oklahoma close in Norman)?

Fresno State at Utah State is going to happen in Week 3, and I guarantee Utah State will win that game :D

The Aggies are going 6-6 and they'll be in the New Mexico Bowl or the Humanitarian if Boise goes undefeated. Count on it!

Return to “General Discussion”