Rose Bowl Prediction

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Who will win the Rose Bowl

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:11 pm

Texas
83%
USC
17%

Total votes: 12

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:54 pm

ESPN may have provided the hype, but Reggie Bush was an awesome college football player for several years at SC. I believe the competition was between Bush and Young all year and both were deserving, but Bush doesn't take a backseat to anyone in the college game. Neither did Young for that matter.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:00 am

Spence wrote:ESPN may have provided the hype, but Reggie Bush was an awesome college football player for several years at SC. I believe the competition was between Bush and Young all year and both were deserving, but Bush doesn't take a backseat to anyone in the college game. Neither did Young for that matter.

I agree....Bush is a GREAT running back (Herschel Walker caliber)...and no Rich, he is not "better" than Walker. Bush had help getting USC to the title game...Walker didnt. :lol: :lol:

Walker's Freshman numbers are still too hard to believe.

I, like many on this board probably, had heard enough about Reggie Bush to fill a lifetime....And then they started this "greatest team of all time" CRAP....I just quit watching...I could not take it anymore. I dont even go to the website anymore. I go to SI...and they dont have video's that start up without me wanting them too...Just a better site IMO.

And RIGHT after the game...It was talk of Texas being the next dynasty...I've just had enough of them and refuse to visit their site or watch their network.

(Off the soapbox)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:14 am

I think the Herschel Walker was probably the best college running back of all time. It isn't easy for a Buckeye to say that considering all 5 of our Heisman winners were running backs, but it is true.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:40 am

Walker did was Bush and White did for USC. He could run over or run around people.

Return to “General Discussion”