West Virginia

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:01 pm

:lol: i was gonna start a thread called "WOW!!!"

go moutaineers!!

this is the georgia that beat the heck outa LSU who beat the heck outa miami??????

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:57 pm

uh-oh they're pullin their heads outa their butts and trying to com back!

c'mon mountaineers!

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:47 am

yay! congrats mm!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:30 am

Thanks bama-girl, Georgia has a very, very good football team and we're tickled to death to win that game.

By the way, congrats to Alabama, they can keep you on the edge of your seat too.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:59 am

bama_girl wrote:yay! congrats mm!

Why would anyone in the SEC want GA to lose that game????

Bama_girl, you should always pull for your conference in bowl games....I pulled for Bama and was excited that they won.....I even pulled for Auburn and was disappointed that they lost. And GA lost to Auburn.

You should realize that when other teams in your conference win, IT EVENTUALLY HELPS YOU.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:12 am

Congrats to WV....They really showed up at the first of the game, and scored enough points on the run game and 2 fumbles to hold off an unbelievable comeback....I dont think i've ever seen a team score 21 points so quickly...

The fake punt was a gutsy call and it paid off.

I for one am calling for the defensive coordinators job, he has done things like this all year, which is why we lost to Florida and Auburn. Giving up too many touchdowns too early in the game.....I know it wont happen cause Richt is too soft at times. And tonight was no different. We have SORELY missed Brian Van Gorder this year.

GA gave the game away due to lack of mental preparation and under-estimating WV and their run game.....I really dont understand why they never made adjustments to stop White.... :?

Congrats on a great game. I only hope the remaining two bowls are that good.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:41 am

dearest GUEST person,

normally i do pull for all teams SEC and believe me, i heard enough crap about that last night from the people i was watching the game with :lol: i was just happy for my new friend here because i know he is as passionate about his team as i am about mine. living in the south, all you hear about is the sec and that's why i come to this site. it's a good place to learn about other teams and conferences. i think i knew more about the mountaineers than the others did about georgia last night, haahaahaa!

not to mention the fact that i live 15 minutes from the georgia line and have been having to listen to all the freakin shockley hype for long enough now. also, just to let you know in advance, i don't care who tennessee plays, i will be pulling for the other team :lol:

in future, please try not to assume that i am a retard :wink:

WVfootballbabe89

YEAH

Postby WVfootballbabe89 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 pm

It was a close one..I am so proud pf WV!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:06 pm

Thanks for the support guys. Georgia is a very good team and the SEC is a great conference.

Don't scold my friends, Mr. Guest ...... it's because of them the Crimson Tide now has a Mountaineer (as well as the rest of the group at the Stumble Inn) rooting for them.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:10 pm

I'll be curious to see where WV will be ranked after these last games get wrapped up. I love bowl season, a lot of teams got to prove themselves in front of a national audience. I'm really trying to get excited about tonight's game, but it's difficult.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Well, prior to the game W.Virginia was ranked #11, and they beat the #7 ranked team, so my guess is that they will fall somewhere in between, #8, or #9, overall.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:57 pm

bama_girl wrote:dearest GUEST person,

normally i do pull for all teams SEC and believe me, i heard enough crap about that last night from the people i was watching the game with :lol: i was just happy for my new friend here because i know he is as passionate about his team as i am about mine. living in the south, all you hear about is the sec and that's why i come to this site. it's a good place to learn about other teams and conferences. i think i knew more about the mountaineers than the others did about georgia last night, haahaahaa!

not to mention the fact that i live 15 minutes from the georgia line and have been having to listen to all the freakin shockley hype for long enough now. also, just to let you know in advance, i don't care who tennessee plays, i will be pulling for the other team :lol:

in future, please try not to assume that i am a retard :wink:

No one was assuming you were a retard....
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:53 pm

yeah i know, that was a bit rude of me to say that. i thought about that while i was out runnin around paying bill's today and i thought i should come back and say 'sorry, that was not nice of me' :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:01 pm

I'd have to agree with that. I'd bump them up a tad, considering that Miami and Georgia lost.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:51 pm

GIven how well they played, I think they move ahead of Miami (easily) and Georgia (obviously, and Notre Dame).
So at worst they are 8th.

Return to “General Discussion”