Another Post For the True College Football Junkies

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Another Post For the True College Football Junkies

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 pm

Tomorrow at 5:00 pm on espn classic will be the replay of the Rose Bowl.

And Saturday 8:00 am also on espn classic will be another college football feature, though, the teams are yet to be announced.

======================

Unfortunately, I did not post this in time, as I had plans to give a heads up for today's broadcast of the Oct. 6th, 1990 matchup Colorado @ Missouri, which was on earlier at 2:00 pm this afternoon.

Oops...

======================

Anyhow, the good news is that even the evil dragon (espn/media) is aknowledging the approaching season.

No offense Billbud,

I like you now, but, come Sept. 4th, I'm going to hate your guts, lol.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:23 pm

I've watched that re-run about 3 times since it ended, once on ESPN Classic and twice on ESPNU, so I think I've had my fill. I watch some games on ESPNU right now, like today, they aired Louisville/Pitt and the Louisville and Arkansas spring games.

A couple weeks ago, the TV ratings for the Army/UMass re-run was about 1 household.....which is me :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:20 am

i actually got to watch the '05 Bama v/s UT game yesterday on CSS.
it was a nice break from them rerunning that annoying butt 5 overtime game that they seem so fond of rerunning 2 or 3 times a week.
:evil: i'm pretty sure CSS is run by a tennessee fan.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:21 am

:shock: whoops! i forgot we can say the a** word....'scusa :lol:

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:49 pm

I had the Rose Bowl Tivo'd and watched the entire game at least 10 times, the ensuing 10 minute highlights of the game about 100 times (literally), and watched the game winning TD about 500 times, yes, seriously, I did.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Tivo Protection

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:33 pm

MECU wrote:Son of a...! I've been looking for the Colorado vs. Missouri game online for a few weeks. I guess I should tell Tivo if it says Colorado, record it. Then I could transfer to my computer, rip the tivo protection somehow and share with the world. I mean, if I wanted to do that. I'll probably just watch it on my tv. Yah.

I have a Tivo and have not had any problem transferring to a DVD. I haven't seen any protection.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:53 pm

CANE !!! ...... I just read your post ..... good to hear from you, welcome back. 8)

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:07 pm

RaliLlama wrote:Yeofoot,

You've got me beat. I've only watched the Sugar Bowl 3-4 times. I had the flu during the game and was too sick too get excited. Maybe it was God's way of keeping me from having a heart attack. I still can't believe how UGA misjudged Steve Slaton's speed. Seems to me that on his two, count 'em, two 52 yards TD runs Georgia's defensive backs were taking bad angles.

That's the key....The Defensive coordinator is the main problem in my eyes.

They ALWAYS give up stuff like that in the opening quarter and then settle down...Such as going down 28-0 before the offense started clicking.

Then when the offense woke up and scored 3 times, it was too late.

If it were up to me, this would be his last year depending on how he does this year....But that's just my opinion. What do I know?? :D
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Well...Georgia gave up 21 in the first qtr...than won the next three quarters...if the Dawgs hadn't gotten off to such a bad start, I think they win...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:49 pm

Frogs .... Wings .... and Bumped Butts :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”