SEC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:11 am

go vandy!!! :lol:

welcome back cane!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:36 pm

David wrote: With all that being said LSU should be the favorite to win it all in the SEC. They might also choke and be a bust like Derek fells. I personally feel that they will meet Florida and beat them for the SEC Championship and Ohio State for the National Championship, winning that game too.

Ohio State won't be in the championship. Same problem as LSU last year. Not enough experience. The offense is missing a center and the defense is missing..well...everyone. Ohio State will get going late, but the front part of their schedule will kill them.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:00 pm

I'm in agreement that LSU is going to be very, very good this coming season. From what I read though, their offensive line has to prove their worth. That's a critical part of being a championship team. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:16 pm

You know...Auburn will be good, Bama will be good, Georgia will be good...and Florida could be good. A very tuff conference and no one is likely to come out undefeated.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:41 pm

The SEC, most years is the toughest conference in football. It is really hard to argue that they aren't. The may not always have the best team, but the usually have at least a couple in the top 10, 4 or 5 in the top 25.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:56 pm

billybud wrote:You know...Auburn will be good, Bama will be good, Georgia will be good...and Florida could be good. A very tuff conference and no one is likely to come out undefeated.

Exactly...There rarely is an undefeated team in the SEC. But when there is, you KNOW they are top notch. Such as Auburn in 04.

I had such hopes for GA that year, and when they lost to Tenn and then Auburn later on that year, I was HIGHLY disappointed....I think I walked around for several months being upset about that loss...TOTALLY uncalled for.

But the Auburn game was expected...So it's never as bad.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

My predictions

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Best Player: Darren McFadden (Ark Running Back)
Bust Player: Chris Leak (Fl QB)...not bad...just will not live up to the Florida fans expectations.
Best Team: Auburn
Bust Team: Tennessee
Sleeper Team: Arkansas
URP: Not Sure...will have to think about it
MIG: Auburn vs. Georgia (Nov. 11th)
Winner: Auburn

Another plug for the SEC. I have been to games in several conferences and there is nothing like the atmosphere at a SEC football game. However, I have not been to all of the schools in America. So, I can only talk about what I have seen. I went to a couple of USC games here in LA. What a boring place to be on game day. PAC 10 has a lot to learn. I have been to see the Longhorns and the Sooners play. Great atmosphere at both schools....yes I am a Razorback fan and still enjoyed watching Texas and Oklahoma. Schools I have been to in the SEC and all have incredible atmosphere: of course Arkansas to many times to even begin to count, LSU, Alambama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia. Maybe someday I will make it to see Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Michigan in their home stadiums. I would love to compare them. Anyway, if you have not been to a SEC game live then you don't know what your missing.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”