No New Year's Day Bowl Games- a Crock

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

No New Year's Day Bowl Games- a Crock

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:38 pm

The NFL rules the TV ratings in sports. I know this, but they could have played all of their games yesterday. New Years Day is for CFB. Always has been always should be.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:56 pm

We're gonna' have to talk to these guys who came up with a calendar that put a Sunday on New Year's Day ....

.... and while we're at it, we'll set the bunch down that caused the clocks to have to be adjusted one second due to the gravitational pull of the moon slowing down the orbit of the earth around the sun.

Bunch of eggs heads .... the sum of the square of the sides, my foot.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:11 pm

You might be right about that ...... remember, I'm the one who thought a 'sooner' was a covered wagon. :roll:

I'll check it out.

Gee ..... if our orbit and revolution are slowing down .... no wonder there is no college football on New Year's Day. :wink:

Chuckle ... chuckle ... chuckle

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:57 pm

Well, it looks like, according to guys at the Paris Observatory, we needed to add one second to keep our clocks in sync with solar time used by astronomers.

The International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service, based at the Paris Observatory, tells the world every six months whether to add or subtract a second from atomic clocks, the standard for everyday timekeeping.

Tidal friction causes the Earth's rotation to slow down and the tides are influenced by the gravitational pull of the moon.

Boy, I'm glad we got that little task checked off our list. :wink:

P.S. Maybe that's what Lloyd Carr told the officials during the Penn State game ........ "Well, you see Mr. Official, it's going to happen anyway come December 31st, so why not do it now?" ..... I'm sure that will make Joe Pa rest easier. :P

Larry

Postby Larry » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:29 pm

The NFL is just like the "Energizer Bunny" ---- their games have gone on since July, and they still keep going...on and on and on and on...ho hum. Today (Sunday) half the stations are broadcasting NFL, while the other half is broadcasting "infomercials".

ABC and NBC are broadcasting infomercials today. I am watching NBC.

Now I'm thinking I was wrong - suggesting there are too many college football bowls. Today, I wish there were about a hundred or so, cuz this "NFL thing" has REALLY gotten OLD! jeeze

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:36 pm

How many of you guys will have the 2nd off? I think playing the bowl games on Monday afternoons will kill the ratings. There are a lot of people who aren't staying home that day.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:29 pm

Larry wrote:The NFL is just like the "Energizer Bunny" ---- their games have gone on since July, and they still keep going...on and on and on and on...ho hum. Today (Sunday) half the stations are broadcasting NFL, while the other half is broadcasting "infomercials".

ABC and NBC are broadcasting infomercials today. I am watching NBC.

Now I'm thinking I was wrong - suggesting there are too many college football bowls. Today, I wish there were about a hundred or so, cuz this "NFL thing" has REALLY gotten OLD! jeeze

Yeah, Im tired of the NFL already. Time for the SuperBowl to end the season. But were not even at the playoff's yet?? :cry: :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”