I Don't Think Miami is a Top 5 Team

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

I Don't Think Miami is a Top 5 Team

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:58 am

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I like Virginia Tech today and Herbstreit just said Miami was a top 5 school. I realize how good the two wins have been for Miami so far, but I don't really see them being that good. Definitely a top 20 team with two good wins. It's too early to tell anyway, what am I getting upset for? :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: I Don't Think Miami is a Top 5 Team

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Can they grow dope up there this late in the year???

Miami should be able to hold Va. Tech to no more than 13 points. And even with the Turkey D, the Funky Storks should post at least 23.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:25 pm

WoVeU, what's the score? :P

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe it. Nothing I have seen before told me this should happen. I don't get these ACC team the last few years????
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm good with it though! I'd like to see the Canes get crushed. They are up there with ND and USC!
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 pm

It's a tough one. There's usually a halfway-clear cut favorite by October, but over the past few years from 2-8 it's been pretty murky. It's one of those anybody-can-beat-anybody kind of situations. It's been like that for awhile, but it's been hyperinflated recently. :shock:

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:47 pm

I think it is murkier than that...like down to 30th. Note, the whipping USF gave FSU today. I don't get FSU, Miami, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, or UNC???? And there are other teams, Kansas, Mizz, OK St., BYU, Oregon, USC, Michigan, Michigan St (for different reasons, they seem different each week)...I just don't know really.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:51 pm

WoVeU wrote:I think it is murkier than that...like down to 30th. Note, the whipping USF gave FSU today. I don't get FSU, Miami, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, or UNC???? And there are other teams, Kansas, Mizz, OK St., BYU, Oregon, USC, Michigan, Michigan St (for different reasons, they seem different each week)...I just don't know really.

Oh, I was just talking about the 12 ACC teams. But I agree.

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:54 pm

WoVeU wrote:I can't believe it.

I can, Miami barely beat FSU and beat a not very good GT team. They're playin in Lane Stadium. Not too hard to believe
Go Hokies!

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:18 pm

..fanaticjr wrote:

I can, Miami barely beat FSU and beat a not very good GT team. They're playin in Lane Stadium. Not too hard to believe

I just hadn't seen it, not like I'd have expected. But they hammered Marshall and it looks like Marshall is better than I thought!
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 am

WoVeU wrote:
..fanaticjr wrote:

I just hadn't seen it, not like I'd have expected. But they hammered Marshall and it looks like Marshall is better than I thought!

Maybe Bowling Green, Southern Illinois, and Memphis are just worse than Marshall :lol:

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 am

Eric wrote:
WoVeU wrote:
..fanaticjr wrote:

Maybe Bowling Green, Southern Illinois, and Memphis are just worse than Marshall :lol:

Well, that is 3 teams. I can think of a few more they seem to better than. That is better than I thought! :D
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”