If, if were a skiff...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:03 pm

LSU has a very good team, there is little doubt about that. One of the tops in the nation this year.

Their win over Miami last night was impressive, but Miami is not the Miami of old. In addition, Miami lost their stud running back in the Virginia Tech game and that really hurt the 'Canes talent pool as evidenced by them having to use Hester in various positions in last night's game.

Imagine how an athlete in the backfield with similar skills as Hester would present a defense problems considering that Hester would then be either on the wing or at wide receiver. Defenses would not be able to 'gang up' or play with abandon, like LSU did last night.

As far as 'handling' any team in the country .... do you believe 40 points would be enough to beat either Texas or Southern Cal ..... those two score a bunch of points.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:09 pm

Im not going to say that LSU didnt have a rough road to hoe...BUT, the same can be said for Georgia the night of the SEC Championship, there were not many teams in the country that were going to beat them. They mentally showed up, LSU did not. EVERYONE in the country had LSU winning the game, and NO ONE gave GA any chance of winning.

There are just some nights when you cant explain what happened. Nick Saban said the same thing last year after GA blew out LSU 45-16. You sometimes just cant explain how the other team seemed to be reading your mind and nothing goes right.

IMO, GA is a better team, and they deserve the bowl they got. I know thats biased.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

GA DAWG

Postby GA DAWG » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:42 pm

I'm in agreement with you there Derek.. GA simply "showed up" when LSU did not. It was just GA's night. They came in with one thing on there mind, and LSU knew exactly what it was by the time the game ended... I'm not cutting down LSU by any means.. they are an AWESOME football team.. GA was just ready..

Return to “General Discussion”