big 12 North totally underrated!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:42 am

Don't forget about Kansas! It seems that the North is done, but they have finished 4-1! I saw Colorado winning and Nebraska losing. This shouldn't be a suprise at all, because they matched up well against their opponents. I think the South is going to have 1 loss with Texas losing to USC.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:00 am

The Big 12 North still has Iowa State left to play TCU on Saturday. So far, the division is 3-1 which is much better than most (anyone) expected.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:03 am

I do think Iowa State is going to beat TCU. I think the Big 12 North did exceed many expectations.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:20 pm

I sort of expected this would happen.
Yes, so far the Big XII N. has looked good, but let's not forget it's mostly happened in games where competition has been fair-to-average.
Houston was 6-5 against Kansas, and kept it respectible, first half, so it's either a testament to Kansas excellence or maybe Houston wasn't that great.
Nebraska-Michigan, Michigan seemed to have control of this game, until they began to make mistakes. Yes, I'm blaming Michigan, not the officials for losing this game. But give credit to Nebraska for doing what was necessary to win the game.
Finally, Missouri vs. South Carolina. It would appear to me that Missouri found a way to beat (finally) a good team in a bowl. But Missouri was predicted by some to be the best in Big XII N. So the fact they won might not be so impressive, after all, but give them credit, regardless.
And Iowa State vs. TCU should be a test for both teams.
I will go so far as to say TCU hasn't yet proven they belong in the BCS (yes, I said it). But they did beat good teams to get to where they are, so if they beat Iowa State, maybe that will be sufficient evidence they were a good team this year, but if not, I guess there's always next year.

Return to “General Discussion”