Nokia Sugar Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:30 am

Thanks for the welcome, GA DAWG. The Mountaineers and all their fans are excited and full of anticipation about playing in the Sugar Bowl.

Your Georgia Bulldogs are an outstanding team and will be a big challenge for the Mountaineers. The DAWGS overall team speed will be a handful.

Me and mountainmama won't be at the game due to some scheduling conflicts (this Monday thing was not good for us). We gave our tickets to family members, but we will be there in spirit. I assure you there will be no shortage of Mountaineer fans at the game and visiting Atlanta. I understand there will be somewhere between 5 and 10 thousand fans making the trip without tickets and just the hope of getting some when they arrive. If not you'll see them outside the stadium throwing a big tailgate party.

From all of us in buckskins and coonskin caps ...... good luck and we hope the Mountaineers and the DAWGS have a good, hard hitting, well played, and close ballgame.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:I thought the Big 10 would have 2 losses coming from Northwestern and Wisconsin....

Time to stick my foot in my mouth!

As of this writing/typing....You might be wrong on Wisconsin....Im definately surprised.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:36 pm

I am too. But Auburn has made some stupid mistakes. We will have to see what happens in the 2nd. half.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

GA DAWG

sounds great MM

Postby GA DAWG » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Haha.. you and mountainmama?! That was classic.. too bad you don't get to come yourself though.. definitley an experience of a lifetime.. but at least you blessed someone else with a chance to enjoy something like this.. speakin of coon skins or whatever y'all should fit right in down here.. we ain't too proud to sport the vintage look neither..haha.. enjoy the game MM.. you and mountainmama..good luck!! :D

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:23 pm

I wouldn't wear one of those things ... that dag-gum tail tickles the back of my neck. :lol:

Can't get mountainmama to take her's off though. :shock:

Been to Atlanta a number of time on business and pleasure ... Peach Bowl, Braves games ...... nice town, lots of fun .... hotter than than the blue blazes in the summertime .... Whew !! :wink:

GA DAWG

Postby GA DAWG » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:30 pm

Haha..well i don't think the WV fans will have to worry about any sweltering heat today.. its really humid today though, which might make some of the ladies hair look like sasquach.. :lol: Let mountainmama know that if she ever catches any heat about her cap she is more than welcome to wear it 'round here.. lol

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:49 am

West Virginia played an outstanding football game tonight. They took advantage of Georgia mistakes and they made their own opportunities. Slaton's name should be mentioned for Heisman consideration next year.

The Big East took a major hit from the ACC raid. West Virginia proved tonight that the B-East still plays big time football. To go into Atlanta and beat Georgia is no small accomplishment. Great win for WVU and the B-East.

Rodriguez has a major set of mountain oysters, putting the game on the line with the fake punt. No one would have ever expected a call like that. Great move.
Last edited by Spence on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:26 am

Yahoo !!! There's a whole bunch of happy Mountaineers out there tonight.

Return to “General Discussion”