59 Yard field Goal!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 pm

CLF, in case you didn't know by now, we never talk about Tom Dempsey here! :evil: :x :cry:

Just the Lions luck. It's crazy, the history of the Lions is. It's too bad I have to be a fan....... :(
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:32 pm

A good kicker is worth his weight in gold, when in comes to football. Sounds like Colorado believes they've got a good one. :D

colorado_loves_football

Re: Feild goals

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Husker1 wrote:
mountainman wrote:"Wide Right" ..... nobody has felt the sting any more than the Seminoles and their fans. :cry:

Nebraska felt that pain against FSU inthe 93 Fiesta Bowl :( I think Colorado has a great kicker. Should definatley be kicking on Sundays. In Colorado's spring game he kicked 16 field goals. His long was only 56 that he made, but he tried from 62, 69, and 70 yards. I think they have alot of confidence in his leg.
Curious who you are referring to.
Didn't Mason Crosby graduate? It's easier to kick long field goals in Colorado, one reason why Jason Elam 'tied' the record, is the air is thinner.
But, on Mythbusters they tried kicking helium filled footballs, and they actually flew 'shorter' distances, so maybe I"m wrong. But there must be some advantage, otherwise Colorado wouldn't keep sending punters & kickers to the NFL. Tom Rouen was in school same time I was. I met him in 1991. Nice guy.

colorado_loves_football

Re: Mason Crosby

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:55 pm

Husker1 wrote: I guess crosby didnt graduate? Here is a link to the story. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2410218
I had assumed he had graduated, he was engaged, won several national honors, last year, but I think another guy won Garo Yupremian award (or whatever they call it).
I'm going to be REALLY mad if this Brian White turns out to be the 'real' deal for Colorado. He played in 'exactly' one game, last year, the Champs Sports Bowl. It's a waste of a red-shirt if he is as good as he looked, that game. I'm not convinced Hawkins is the answer for Colorado. But I guess we'll all find out soon enough. (He'll likely play his son, anyway).

ktffan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ktffan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:58 pm

billybud wrote:KTFFAN...you must be a geezer like me if you remember the kick....I turn 60 this year...been a good life...

I ain't that old, just in my early 40s but, as a life-long Lions fan, that one killed me.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:32 pm

ktffan wrote:
billybud wrote:KTFFAN...you must be a geezer like me if you remember the kick....I turn 60 this year...been a good life...

I ain't that old, just in my early 40s but, as a life-long Lions fan, that one killed me.

Speaking of the Lions, anyone know who their QB will be this year?

Joey Harrington is gone, and I'm assuming Jeff Garcia has been traded.

I'm curious I'm a closet Lion's fan myself.

Return to “General Discussion”