Conference Challenge

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Which conference will have the best bowl win percentage?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:20 am

ACC
18%
Big East
No votes
Big Ten
No votes
Big twelve
36%
Pac Ten
9%
SEC
36%

Total votes: 11

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:55 pm

Hey, both Horns one, the frogs, and the Bevo's

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:52 pm

No, it should matter about the bowl record. And the Big 12 winning shouldn't suprise anybody. They matched up very well against their competition, I had them at 3 losses though with Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma. Whoops!

Nebraska has no freaking shot at USC. You can forget that notion. Even though USC will probably be losing Leinart and Bush, people still forget that Patrick Turner, Dwayne Jarret, Steve Smith, LenDale White (probably), and John David Booty will return on offense. Most of you have not heard of Booty, but he could probably start for 100 other teams in D1. Kind of like Cassel (I forgot his first name). He backed up Palmer and Leinart for one season, and he got drafted. That's kind of what his situation was, although he will be a star. I expect USC to finish 2006 with one loss, win the Pac-10, and who knows? They could meet up with Texas again in 07. I think the Longhorns will be the only undefeated team in the country next year.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:38 pm

I believe the ramifications of this win are huge!
Not only was USC expected to win, but win big, so the fact they didn't ought to cast some doubt as to how well anyone (computer or human) can accurately predict a game.
It should be a huge boost for the Big XII as they haven't had a viable contender since Oklahoma in 2003. Secondly, it ought to help Texas football tremendously which is good news for C-USA and TCU.
Finally, believe it or not it's a huge boost for Big Ten football, since not only did Texas win a national championship, they did it by beating a Big Ten team (Ohio State) who has since shown they are better than Notre Dame, a team that also nearly beat USC.
Had USC won, I believe it would have been less clear how good teams in the Big Ten, Big XII and MWC are.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:11 am

Anyone that overlooks Nebraska is doomed.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:55 pm

I agree. USC will miss Bush and White(if he goes) more then Leinart. With the receivers that SC has all they need is a servicable QB.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:59 pm

I agree, Crouch and Frazer were so fun to watch running the option. It just seemed weird watching the AlamoBowl with all that Husker Passing. I think what USC will be missing the most is the gusto. They were the returning champs and yada yada yada, but the hype behind them was unbelievable. If they play with the exact same talent next year, they won't move up to the top two until they are two of the last of thie undefeateds. They are just like Texas, yeah, they're losing some stars, but just like Texas there are some studs that have been dying to get their shot.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:43 pm

bama_girl wrote:the sec is rough an tumble :lol: but then i am partial

that is exactly what the SEC is...that's why all this three-peat crap would never have even been mentioned if USC played in the SEC year in year out.

Im not saying they are not a good team.........Im just saying they would not have been on a 34 game winning streak. Period.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:32 am

I'd like Texas to play some SEC teams in the preseason.

Return to “General Discussion”