tom zbikowski fight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:09 pm

There's a lot of money in that ring ....... and considerable risk to go along with it. :?

Boxing is probably the ultimate individual sport.

I wish him well and hope he has a satisfying career. :D

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 pm

d
id y'all see where notre dame's best defensive player will be making his professional boxing debut ? bob arum is his promoter. he will fighting at madison square garden in june. he left spring practice to attend a press conference for the fight.
supposedly he got the okay from charlie weis. more importantly, he got the okay from ncaa. when i first heard about this all i could think of was jeremy bloom. i guess it won't be an ncaa infraction as long as he doesn't take any endorsement money for the fight.
interesting.

You can be a pro in one sport and still be an amateur in another sport. He just has to be very carefull when he is promoting the fight. He can't take endorsement money, that is true, but he really has to be carefull with the gifts. Sponsors tend to give gifts and provide services in pro sports and anything of this sort could get him in trouble.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”