gambling

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

gambling

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 am

i'm putting my tomatoe plants in the ground today, they are getting too big to sit in the window anymore....
it frosted two days ago but i'm betting it wont anymore

and that's the closest i ever get to gambling :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 am

yes, i've had too much coffee today and i really need to get up from here and quit aggravating yall :oops:

:lol: heehee!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: gambling

Postby Howdy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:08 pm

bama_girl wrote:i'm putting my tomatoe plants in the ground today, they are getting too big to sit in the window anymore....
it frosted two days ago but i'm betting it wont anymore

and that's the closest i ever get to gambling :lol:

Your about a month ahead of us in Nebraska.

I save my gallon milk jugs and cut the bottoms out and put them over my plants to prevent frost damage till all danger of frost is over.

It like a small green house.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:12 pm

Hey bama-girl. Hope ole Jack Frost doesn't cause you to have to do the planting twice. :(

As I understand it there is a airborne fungus that comes to our part of the country from up out of the south riding the air currents that does indeed kill our tomato plants. :twisted:

What fungicides (name brand will be O.K.) do you use to protect your tomato plant down there in "Sweet Home Alabama?" I might want to give them a try. :D

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:40 pm

actually, i don't use anything, i never have. the only trouble i have had with fungus is black spot on roses. not even sure that's a fungus really :?

one year, all the blossoms fell off the tomatoes for no apparent reason and i sprayed something on them but i can't remember what it was :?
i try not to use anything because the kids are bad about just standing out there eating the cherry tomatoes off the vine.....no telling how many little bugs they've ingested :lol:

what's the name of the fungus and i'll ask around? i know that this old guy that we buy hay from has had trouble with his a few times but he lives in the swamp pretty much. i'll ask him and see what he says.....fair warning though, he has an answer for everything :P

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:42 pm

that's a good idea howdy, i usually just throw plastic over them but it breaks them sometimes....wonder how much milk i can push on the kids in the next few days, heehee!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:47 pm

I wrote it down and have it somewhere. I'll find it and get back with you. :D

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:22 pm

I never had a problem with any fungus, but the deer seem to take great pleasure in ruining mine. They don't like them. They talk a bite out of everyone and then just leave them hang.

We have a good six weeks before planting flowers or tomato plants here.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:22 pm

Does Athletes foot count? If so, I was an expert in 7th grade.

Return to “General Discussion”