Most National Championship Bound Conference

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Which conference will get the most National Championship Titles in the next 20 years?

Big 12
33%
Big 10
11%
Big East
No votes
Pac 10
No votes
SEC
33%
MWC (That's for you CLF)
No votes
ACC
22%

Total votes: 9

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Most National Championship Bound Conference

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Which conference will have the most national championship teams over the next 20 years?

I've got my money on the Big 12, they have more teams, and either Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Colorado will play for the title 15 of those 20 years.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:57 pm

See the advantages to being in a conference. You get included in polls. :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:02 pm

That's an interesting question, it implies that there maybe is one conference that 'stands-out' competitively-speaking.
I won't vote for the MWC, but I appreciate being considered, regardless.
When I think of 'power' conferences, one that stands out in my mind, is the Big Ten Conference. Without USC, I wonder if the Pac-Ten would even be a 'major' influence in football? I guess the same argument could be made for the Big XII without Texas.
I live in Colorado, so I have to go with the Big XII. Now, for a more 'tricky' question, which 'non-BCS' conference will send the most 'representative' teams to the BCS? MAC, WAC, C-USA, or MWC?
That's a harder question, I think than the one you are posing, Yeofoot.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:32 pm

I say the big 12

Hope I am still here to say I told you so.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:32 am

See, Nebraska understands the BCS system. I'll guaruntee you that if Nebraska is one of 3 teams undefeated at the end of the season, they WILL be in the national championship game.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Most National Championship Bound Conference

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:36 am

Yeofoot wrote:Which conference will have the most national championship teams over the next 20 years?

I've got my money on the Big 12, they have more teams, and either Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Colorado will play for the title 15 of those 20 years.

The most irrational thing i've heard in a while.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:51 pm

Since we are talking about such a long time period I'll pick the ACC. College football seems to go in cycles and I think it may be that leagues turn to have some "middle of the pack" programs take that next step. I could see the ACC becoming a much deeper conference in terms of top national teams.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:47 am

Since we are talking about such a long time period I'll pick the ACC. College football seems to go in cycles and I think it may be that leagues turn to have some "middle of the pack" programs take that next step. I could see the ACC becoming a much deeper conference in terms of top national teams.

That usually means less national champions because they tend to beat each other up.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:35 am

Jason G wrote:Since we are talking about such a long time period I'll pick the ACC. College football seems to go in cycles and I think it may be that leagues turn to have some "middle of the pack" programs take that next step. I could see the ACC becoming a much deeper conference in terms of top national teams.

I agree with some of that.....The addition of Miami and VT is not going to hurt either....FSU does not get an automatic BCS bid now.. :D :D
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:43 pm

I guess I missed this topic!

If I had to pick, probably the ACC. I think one power that you will see emerge from the ACC in the next 5 years or so would be the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I think Chan Gailey is leading them down the right path, and in 5 years or so, they might have some serious chance to win a national title.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”