Who would you want your school to play?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 pm

I met the president of the University of Colorado back in 1988. That's when I was an undergraduate there, and he hadn't been there very long, after having been president of West Virginia University. My impression is he was a person who seemed to have a pretty good grasp of how to make a university look good in the eyes of the media. He earned a law degree from the University of Utah, and now is the president of Brown University, and he was at Vanderbilt not long ago.

E. Gorden Gee was not a good president at Ohio State from an athletics point of view. He had no grasp of the traditions. He called Coopers tie with Michigan one year " one of our greatest victories". Made me want to puke. He also signed Cooper to an extention that year, after a tie. He did seem to do a good job with the rest of his duties as far as the school was concerned, but he couldn't pick a football out of a watermelon patch.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:03 am

irish88 wrote:considering notre dame has played a number of schools this is a hard one to answer .

i'll try to come up with teams the irish haven't played in the last 30 years.considering they have played osu,mich,nebraska,lsu,penn state,tenn,usc,bc,florida state,wvu,miami,ucla,wash,texas, etc this is kind of hard. but it here it goes:

auburn
alabama
florida
oklahoma
georgia

Hmm...Why does Tenn get a crack at ND every year??? Not a Vol's fan, so I dont understand why they get to play.

BTW, Georgia beat Notre Dame 25 years ago in the Sugar Bowl for the National Championship. that was a Good Game!!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:20 am

openSkies wrote:
..fanatic wrote:Tennessee due to geographical proximity.

Didn't Va Tech play Tenn in the Gator Bowl a decade-or-so ago?

Yes, and they kicked our tails. But it was 1994 and we were only starting to emerge as a top 25 team.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:24 am

I'd also like to see us play Penn State, Ohio State or Georgia. And who doesn't love a game against Notre Dame. As much as I love to hate 'em, I still want to play 'em.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 am

Either the Number 1 or the Number 2 team in the Final BCS Rankings for the National Title. :D

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:17 pm

mountainman wrote:Either the Number 1 or the Number 2 team in the Final BCS Rankings for the National Title.

I think most people would love to see that, one reason why would prefer a playoff be applied to the BCS.

Return to “General Discussion”