I want your comments! Seriously.

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

I want your comments! Seriously.

Postby openSkies » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:30 pm

Hey guys,

Anything you'd like to see on the new website? We've got a forum now, we've got a radio show, and some other goodies.

But I'd like to know if you have any special requests for cool new features.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:48 pm

nakey pictures of russel crowe!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:46 pm

have a 5 star system on each response/topic that people post, and rate each one, then have the average star score. Does that make sense?

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:02 pm

Bama_Girl - No. Respectfully.

Yefoot - Maybe. Doubtful, but I'll look around.

David - Can't do that. All you have to do is copy and paste the part you want to quote into your reply. Then, highlight the text you just pasted and hit the "Quote" button (just above where you're typing the stuff in). Or you can just do it normally by pressing the Quote button for the whole reply the user made, then delete whatever you don't want (but don't delete the [Quote] tags).

//

What I meant was for the main site itself, not the message board. I think we've got this thing pretty spiced up as is, the code is a mess (and some things are taking over others... such as with the CFP Bucks recently not working, which I'm still trying to fix).

I'll still keep board ideas in mind, but I was looking more along the lines of the front page.

So, any ideas now? =]

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Not sure I necessarily understand what you are asking, but I like the idea of being able to access a team's data, similar to what you did for me with http://www.garypatterson.com
Anything that gives us more information is valuable.
For example, maybe a place where we can 'download' information specific to our needs, but I don't know if that's a practical solution.
All I'm getting at is it's so much easier to 'click' on a link than to try to access the information through a Google search.
I got into trouble for using a competitor's URL, but I did it with the idea that people might want to access information related to their favorite team's schedule. So, maybe that's not the best idea, but its' something to consider, at any rate. An 'index' of interesting URL's, related to topics we discuss I think would be invaluable for anyone interested in football.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm

We have a Links page with a bunch of sites.

Return to “General Discussion”