NOTICE: Guest posting no longer allowed

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

NOTICE: Guest posting no longer allowed

Postby openSkies » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:18 am

Hey all,

After a long-talk with CFP Admin, we've come to a decision...

Guest posting will no longer be allowed.

We're doing this because there have been a lot of reports from the security department of phpBB (the people who make this message board). The reports warn of hacking and spamming attempts by spam-bots.

The problems encountered include full message board hacks (the board is completely defaced and all information deleted) to offensive spam (hundreds of posts within minutes with pictures and links to sex sites).

We've tried our best to keep this board wide-open for guests, but we don't want to take the risk any longer. This board has been incredibly successful in our eyes, and we don't want it to be destroyed by some hacker who has nothing better to do.

THIS CHANGE WILL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY.

The Rules and Regs, as well as the Announcement on this forum will be updated within the next 24 hours to reflect the changes.

//

Hey, at least you all won't forget to log-in before posting any more! Haha. I've also changed a few things that I think might help with the "remember me" function for the log-in.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Thanks all!

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:30 pm

That's a good idea, openSkies. I do think this board is going to grow even more come season time. A lot of new faces appeared during the regular season, in fact, most of us did.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:25 am

how much money was "guest" up to? :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”