NFL Combine

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

NFL Combine

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:10 pm

Did anyone, I doubt, watch the NFL combine on NFL Network? I'd have to say that kid from Nebraska-Omaha looked VERY good. Much to my suprise. The WR from Hofstra didn't look too bad either. Jay Cutler lived up to the hype with that cannon. I'm worried the Lions might not be able to get him! :cry: I hope Greg Jennings does well, he went to Western so I can see a guy from the area in an NFL jersey. I think the crop of QBs is pathetic. Hackney looked allright, Omar Jacobs didn't look too bad either, Cutler was awesome, and I'm sure Vince Young will do fine. Not sold on Matt Leinart. Leon Washington did very well, I'm sure his stock went up. One more athlete to talk about, Derek Hagan. He's been dropping the tough catches. He's been doing this since the Pro Bowl practice. He'd better get it together or else, he might be slipping to the 4th round.

These are just some random college players that I had my eye on today.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Did you see how Mike Kudla did? He was trying to set the combine record of most reps benching 225.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:18 pm

No, I missed out on the O-lineman. What school does he go to?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:22 pm

He is a defensive end. Ohio State.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:18 pm

I just found out. He tied the record. He pressed 225 - 45 times. He said in the interview afterward that he thought the record was 43.

This kid is a great success story, he was diagnosed with Johnson-Stevens syndrome, an immune-system condition in which the body attacks its own mucous membranes. He almost died from it. He had lost 52lbs and the doctors said that he only had a 10% chance of living through it.

Here is an article about it if your interested. You have to register on the site to read it, but it is free.

[url]
http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=2 ... erID=85252[/url]

Return to “General Discussion”