USC Beautification Project

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

USC Beautification Project

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Finally some winners on campus!!!

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:55 pm

No one's worried about your guns in LA, they all shoot like O'Dog in Menace II Society. I mean really, who shoots with their guns sideways! I got nothin.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:59 pm

Apparently what we do in Texas, is drive around until we see quail, get out of the car and shoot you in the face with a shotgun. Cheney Style!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Yeah, that guy didn't look too much like a bird to me. Cheney is from Wyoming though, so Texas doesn't deserve any heat for this one. Except maybe hunting with a guy that can't tell the difference between a bird and a man. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:37 pm

Spence wrote:Yeah, that guy didn't look too much like a bird to me. Cheney is from Wyoming though, so Texas doesn't deserve any heat for this one. Except maybe hunting with a guy that can't tell the difference between a bird and a man. :lol:

He was in Nebraska before Wyo.
In fact he went to the same school that my wife attended.
They were both in the third grade.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Why, he didn't shoot any birds? I would think shooting lawyers would be free. :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:45 am

Spence wrote:Why, he didn't shoot any birds? I would think shooting lawyers would be free. :lol:

Hahahahaha. Amen.

//

I'm back =] Why is no one up at 545 in the morning? Hmm.

This new design thing is turning out a bit more of a hassle than we expected. The original number of pages was quoted as "just around 300". It turned out to be 421.

We're having to make some sacrifices because of that. Neither CFP Admin or myself have the time to convert 421 HTML pages to PHP. It'll still look and function nicely though!

//

Sorry to rant, but I didn't want to start a new topic for just that.

About Cheney... I think it was the lawyers fault (and no, I'm not some huge Cheney fan). From what I understand, he (a) didn't announce his return to the hunting group after splitting off, and (b) got in front of the VP.

Oh well.

PS - Spence, from the looks of your CFP Bucks bank account, I think you're the Microsoft of the group.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:41 am

CLF would get that honor. Look at his money to post ratio. I just post more often.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:32 pm

You got the Cheney incident right, Matt. Based on what has been said about how the incident unfolded, the lawyer guy violated a cardinal rule of quail hunting.

An analogy would be like someone speeding through a red light while your are proceeding through the green light.

Cheney is responsible because as he said, he "pulled the trigger", but the lawyer is at fault. You never approach a hunting group the way he did and you always announce your presence and location and walk up from behind the group. That's what everybody in the group expects everyone in the group to do. I'm sure both these guys will tell you that.

Of course we've already been told that by the lady who runs the ranch and witnessed the incident, but since the press has a different agenda and their coverage of the story has been typical. They will have little trouble convincing the one's who let others do their thinking for them or the one's who want to believe something else.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:37 pm

Of course we've already been told that by the lady who runs the ranch and witnessed the incident, but since the press has a different agenda and their coverage of the story has been typical. They will have little trouble convincing the one's who let others do their thinking for them or the one's who want to believe something else.

It is always the case that the press gets it wrong. It is just to what extent. They all go in with an agenda, although, sometimes I believe they have done it so long that they don't even know it.

I have a friend who shot another friend while rabbit hunting. The rabbit ran between them and the guy got caught up in the shot instead of knowing his surroundings. He wasn't hurt badly, but he still has some shot in his hip and butt. It was funny after we found out he wasn't hurt, but it was never a huge deal. It was an accident. A stupid accident, but still an accident. Except for the fact that we don't hunt with that guy anymore, we are all still friends.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:02 pm

mountainman wrote:You got the Cheney incident right, Matt. Based on what has been said about how the incident unfolded, the lawyer guy violated a cardinal rule of quail hunting.

An analogy would be like someone speeding through a red light while your are proceeding through the green light.

Cheney is responsible because as he said, he "pulled the trigger", but the lawyer is at fault. You never approach a hunting group the way he did and you always announce your presence and location and walk up from behind the group. That's what everybody in the group expects everyone in the group to do. I'm sure both these guys will tell you that.

Cheney is responsible in my view.
Back in the days when I went hunting we alway kept an eye out for those in are group.
We never pulled the trigger if we knew someone was in front of the group.
we alway stop moving forward till the one ahead looking for there game got back in the formation.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:20 pm

I also read that they got out of the car when they saw the quail. Right there: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Cheney is responsible in my view.

As MM said anytime you pull the trigger it is your fault, but if you knowingly walk into somones line of fire, you bare some of the blame yourself. Not the smartest move by him either.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 am

Spence wrote:Yeah, that guy didn't look too much like a bird to me. Cheney is from Wyoming though, so Texas doesn't deserve any heat for this one. Except maybe hunting with a guy that can't tell the difference between a bird and a man. :lol:

:roll: :roll:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”