Conference Mantra's

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:16 am

rolltide wrote:SEC defenses have big-time speed. That would be the major trait of the conference to me.
ACC is similar to the SEC to me, they recruit alot of the same players and show similar traits.
Pac-10 has pretty good offenses and somewhat weak defenses. No offense to anyone, just the way I see it. Obviously USC is pretty good at both.
Big East seems a little down right now except for WVU, so I don't know about them.
Big Ten seems to be a really good conference at the top and maybe a little thin at the bottom. SEC is the same way though.
Big 12 is good in the south and down in the north- for now.
MWC- has some solid teams at the top but the bottom teams are not very good.
C-USA- looks to be a decent conf even with the big losses of Louisville and TCU. definitely a mid-major, but no Sun-belt.
MAC- has some solid teams that have been pretty good at upsetting the big boys.
WAC- same as MAC
Sun Belt- is not too good in my opinion. Some allright teams.

That's my 2 cents. feel free to call me on any of it.

I would agree with everyone of those assesments.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:02 pm

I would agree with most of it too, just that I think the Big 12 North is going to bounce back this year. Nebraska will win 7 or 8 games, Kansas will win 7 or 8 games, Colorado will win 7 or 8 games because I think the kid that came on in the 4th quarter will be the QB under Dan Hawkins, Missouri will be okay, Kansas State is another borderline bowl team, and I think Iowa State will be a great team next year with 3 losses, they do play Iowa, Texas, and Texas Tech (all which I think will be losses), and they can get upset by a Big 12 North team. It's not going to be easy for the Cyclones, but they'll be the best team with 4 losses. I do think they play Oklahoma too, that can be a potential loss as well.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:37 am

I look for Nebraska to be pretty good also. Same with Colorado, sometimes bring in a new coach gets players to wake up to the fact that they have a responsibility to the coaches to work hard.

Look for Oklahoma to be a lot better then last year. They were a different team at the end of the year then they were at the beginning. I think Oklahoma is the dark horse for the national championship.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”