Stadium Face Off: Big 10

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Big Ten

Postby Swamp Daddy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:32 am

1) Memorial Stadium (Indiana)
2) Michigan Stadium (Michigan)
3) Metrodome (Minnesota)

When do we see conference results?
Swamp Daddy
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:15 pm

I guess you have to experience the Metrodome to know it is a truely bad venue.

There is no stated criteria. I try do do it on appearance, because you can't judge atmosphere of a place you've never been. Having been to Happy Valley, the time I was there, it was a good time with good atmosphere. I think the best atmoshere in the B-10 (aside from my personal bias, because the home atmosphere is always better) is Camp Randall. It can get a little rough up there sometimes and the abuse for opposing fans isn't family friendly, but it is fun. Iowa would be behind them and then Penn State.

I put Ryan field as my #2 on this list not because of fan atmosphere, but because is is an outstanding stadium with an outstanding view. It is a very nice area and stadium, although not very big.

If big was the criteria then Penn St. would be first (for a little while), Michigan would be second, and Ohio State #3. I don't know if the PSU people will expand to beat out Michigan again, but Ohio State is probably done as far as adding more seats. They would have to build a new stadium and no one has the stomach to try and replace the 'Shoe. That won't happen unless it becomes to hard to maintain the structure.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:37 pm

To Swamp Daddy, once the voting is over, I'll repost a picture in the thread that states who won (like I'm just about to do). I go back to the origional post and disable the BBCode so it doesn't cause problems with the whole bandwith space. Voting is usually over with 2-2.5 days. It depends whenever I get to it, but it likely won't be going beyond 3 days per conference.

To Cadderly, you can use whatever criteria you like. It's your vote, so just cast it the way you want to. I tend to rank the stadiums on the look, but it doesn't matter.

Ohio State wins :cry: ( :lol: )

Wisconsin finished in 2nd with 10 points.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Where's Waldo??
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:16 pm

Waldo is at Spence's house. :P

He couldn't get tickets either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”