2006 Hawkeyes

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

2006 Hawkeyes

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:32 pm

2005 was truly a "letdown" (most picked 'em as top ten or even number one).

2 reasons for optomism for 2006:

1) recruiting -- 18 letters of intent from speed & skill positions

2) best schedule in many many years:

Montana @ home
Syracuse (didn't know they had a team) away
iowa state cyCLOWNS == in KINNICK STADIUM. a tasty snack!
Illinois away
Ohio State @ home (good luck Spence)
Turdue @ home
Indiana away
Michigan away (this might be the Hawks' only loss)
Norther Illinois @ home
Northwestern @ home
Wisconson @ home
Minnesota away

This schedule is a coaches dream. So knowing how polls go, I see the Iowa Hawkeyes as rising and rising in the National polls each week until they reach the top ten and more...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 pm

Iowa will miss their linebackers, but they have some players. Their problem will be much the same as Ohio State's, very young at key positions. They, like Ohio State, will need to over achieve early to have a shot at winning the B-10. Kirk Ferentz is the best head coach in the B-10, he should have Iowa ready to compete.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:22 am

I just love the Pink Locker room at Iowa. They always have some Feminazi professor preaching how it is misogynistic. Oh sorry Riche, I know USC Trojans don't know big words. It means, anti-female, or sexist. Oh, it's pronounced mis-aw-ju-niss-tik. Let me know Riche if I can help you with any other big words. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:09 pm

I agree it looks like a favorable schedule for Iowa but a do see a possible loss or two in there.

Montana may be the best 1-AA program in the nation but I think Iowa will win going away if this is their opener. Nobody gets snuck up on in their opener!

I predict extremely tough games with Ohio State and Michigan.

The Northern Illinois game is a big time "trap" game. If the Hawkeyes take the Huskies lightly they'll be sorry. NIU may be near the top of the MAC again next year. If they're focused, then Iowa should win.

My surprise team in the Big Ten next year is Minnesota. If that last game has a lot riding on it that dome will be a tough place to go into and win.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:03 pm

My surprise team in the Big Ten next year is Minnesota. If that last game has a lot riding on it that dome will be a tough place to go into and win.

I have no faith in Glenn Mason's ability to get over the hump. He always looks like a deer caught in the headlights in big games.

Larry

Postby Larry » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 pm

Pink locker rooms.....Yep-they're still there. Even though Iowa's Kinnick Stadium has undergone a two-year 90 million renovation (a two year project that will be complete by this August). Funny thing: for the first time ever...."pink shirts" (Iowa Hawkeye shirts, sweatshirts, etc) were abundant in the stadium stands in the fall of 2005. Now it's not just "black and old gold" -- it's PINK too! Especially the girls. It all started with a "gay gal" (femiNazi) from the east coast who was practicing law in Iowa City. So if you see "pink" in Iowa City, it's a response to this "lady's complaint that "pink" suggests "anti-gay".

p.s. I really like the "spell check feature" on this new site. Larry.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:10 pm

The pink locker rooms really bug Lloyd Carrand I am for anything that bugs Lloyd Carr. :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:28 pm

Three facts in life:

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Iowa ALWAYS plays Michigan & Ohio State

As far as "losing personell"....this is an annual problem for "quality" programs only. You see -- some teams do well every once in a while, but "quality" teams expect to do well most of the time.... In the Big Ten, I speak of Michigan, Ohio State, and IOWA. (Penn State ain't even in this category).

Regarding our pink locker rooms: rolltide made a good point.....*visiting teams would be smart NOT to let the home team know how upsetting it is----for obvious reasons.

*For "left coast teams": IF you do ever play in Iowa City, you would be smart to hind the fact that "pink fancies you". (this could give you a gameday advantage). Sorry Rich.

Return to “General Discussion”