BCS on FOX

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am

irish88 wrote:dan fouts is horrible as an anylsty IMO . . so dry . . i would take
gary danielson , mike gottfried, even todd blackledge over fouts .

as for keith jackson - i already shared my views about him on an earlier subject line . so i will spare you the details. it's just time for him to go .

Boy Irish88
You must get up before the chickens.Based on the time showing on your post

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:35 pm

ABC has been the heart-and-soul of college football for over a generation, so it's sad to see them go, but everyone be honest with themselves, did they do an outstanding job this year?
I thought the Sugar Bowl was done well, but it didnt' hurt that they had an outstanding game to broadcast.
Similarly, the Orange Bowl was done fairly well, but it dragged on forever, and ever. I thought it would never end, and almost didn't!
The Rose Bowl was exciting, too, but mostly because of the players, not because of the broadcasters.
This will be an opportunity for a new crew to take a new approach. Remember Fox often recruits good broadcasters from competing networks, remember John Madden & Pat Summerall? Even if they don't I think it will be good to see new people. The sport has changed significantly I think, and a fresh perspective ought to make it more fun.
Time will tell, however, whether or not I'm right about this.

Return to “General Discussion”