New recruit that will make the biggest impact for your team

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

New recruit that will make the biggest impact for your team

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:53 pm

With NLOID coming soon, I just thought this would give us an idea of players to pay attention to next season.

At Ohio State, the incoming that will make the greatest impact ......Chris Wells. If you haven't heard of him here is a link.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 70389/1057
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:13 pm

I think the LB could play right away. ND does need help in the back seven, but it is asking a lot for a true freshman to come out of the gate as a starting CB. Especially with ND's schedule next year.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:19 pm

I know what you mean. Ohio State is in the same boat. Only we have to replace the entire back seven and two lineman.

I just don't think a freshman CB, no matter how talented, can get the technique down quick enough. The good receivers will fake him out of his jock and hurt his confidence. The last thing you want to do is damage a young CB's confidence. You will end up losing him for 2 or 3 years.

Zbikowski coming back will help. You need someone to call the defenses. I was impressed with him. He just needs to be "coached up" a little. I'm not sure Minter is the guy for the ND "D". I wasn't that impressed with him at Cincy.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:17 am

I think Weis picked Minter because of his relationships with the high school coaches in southwest Ohio. Weis knows that that had always been a Notre Dame stronghold until Holtz left. Getting Illinois and Southwest Ohio back is crucial to Notre Dames long term success. recruiting is very important, but developing talent once it gets on campus is more important. That isn't Minter's strong suit.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Clearly Jevan Snead will be the do or die player for the team, but Sergio Kindle should be playing like a senior as a true freshman. We've been fortunate to keep our in state stud linebacker, well, in state, since Mack Brown has been the coach, and Kindle should carry on that tradition. He's got the potential to make a great positive impact. With Sneed, all we can hope for him is to not *@$% it up.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:17 pm

we are supposed to be getting andre smith, he's the #1 rated OL in the nation. we're also supposed to be getting alot of defensive heavy weights but who knows till the last minute.
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:20 pm

also getting some kid named earl alexander........wonder if he's related to shaun :lol: couldn't get that lucky!

woohooooo! i'm an all american!!!!!!!!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:29 pm

DeMarco Murray. I really like this kid. He should be able to get some reps this year behind AP. He is going to be very good.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:35 pm

RT, Who does Bama have at QB next year?

Return to “General Discussion”