Early Entries

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Early Entries

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:16 pm

http://collegefootballnews.com/2006/Draft/EarlyEntries.htm

Here's a list of 'em. Okay, OTHER THAN VINCE YOUNG AND REGGIE BUSH, who do you think will make the biggest impact, or have the brightest future as an NFL player? I have 3 players to be on the watch for:

Greg Lee, WR Pitt
Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
Fred Matua, OG USC

I don't think Greg Lee is going to have a breakout rookie season, but he'll be a big playmaker in 3 years or so. I think he'll get drafted late in the second round, so considering they're probably going to be a solid team, they'll work him into his role. If they have an experienced veteran, (Denver, Rod Smith-like) he can be his role model/mentor. It seems to work with WR. Notice Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams have struggled? They really don't have a mentor. I'm pushing to see if ithey can hire Herman Moore as a WR coach or something. It's not really all that possible, but I just like to throw it out there.

Anyway, I'd like for the Lions to draft Fred Matua with their second-round pick. I think he'll make an instant impact, and Rod Miranelli is a pound the rock, win it in the trenches kind of guy. I think we need a big Somoan dude to anchor that O-line, he'd be a great fit for our new smashmouth, physical kind of play.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”