Texas WILL Beat USC By A LOT

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Texas WILL Beat USC By A LOT

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:06 am

Just had to be the first to start the trash talking. No, seriously, Texas is going to win with twice the amount of points as USC.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:14 pm

Anyone who thinks Rose Bowl pairnig of Texas and USC is a fair pairing of is seriously confused.
First of all i'ts in Pasadena, hardly a neutral site how many Texas fans will be occupying the general admission part of it?
My guess is not too many.
Secondly, the Rose Bowl is Pac-Ten's home, they are basically playing a home game for the national championship, as it would be if Texas was playing in the Cotton Bowl, anyone tell me that's not a fact.
Finally, despite the fact Texas prevailed (barely and through Herculean effort) against Michigan last year, that hardly proves Texas will repeat.
It's a set-up, made to look like a legitimate game, solely for monetary purposes.
I predict the outcome will be similar (but not identical) to last year's Orange Bowl.
Leinart and Bush will come ready to play, two Heisman trophy winners ni same backfield, but I would love to be wrong. (sorry I won't be).

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:44 pm

The game is going to be a lot closer than people think, but I think Texas may have a good enough defense to slow down USC's offense enough for Texas' offense to outscore them. I agree 100% with the fact the USC is basically playing a home game, but let's not kid ourselves. When Texas went up to Ohio to play Ohio State in the horseshoe, Texas still came out on top. Although Ohio State ended up losing to Penn State later in the season, if they came to play the way they did against Texas, Penn State would not be ranked in the top five. Ohio State would have more than stomped Penn. Texas has done fairly well during their away games. Although the Texas A&M game was a serious disappointment, Texas still hung 40 on them. People continue to talk about how Texas isn't as good as people think because of that one game. Let's not forget about how many people watched USC cheat to beat Notre Dame, Arizona State gave them a serious run for their money (but that only showed the country how powerful USC's offense really is), Arizona wasn't far behind Arizona State, and little crappy Fresno State nearly beat them as well. Obviously time will tell, but Texas' tough games were narrowed down to their arch-rival Texas A&M who will play Texas tough whether they're horrible or not, Ohio State who could arguably be in the top three (and let's not forget that Texas scored another touchdown at the end of that game that not only was not given to them at the time, but was not even reviewed!), and besides that, Oklahoma State was the only school who came out and hit Texas in the mouth. That seems to happen every year, but when the final score comes up, Texas is on top by almost 20 (47-28). Call me wrong, but it seems to me that Texas' defense took the first half off (12-28) and when Mack got up in their butts about how crappy they were playing, they tightened up their D and the offense decided that was enough.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:48 pm

I'm not saying Texas doesn't have a chance, but I think the odds favor USC.
Too much working in their favor. Not a fair game, really by that standard, a national champoinship should be played at a neutral site.
Rose Bowl, that's as close to being home as you can get without actually being there.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:51 pm

Man, guest, that was a very well thought out argument. You're right, Notre Dame should be playing Texas since, according to the rule books, USC should not have won that game. Somehow if Texas scored on the last play of the game against USC because Melton pushed Young into the end zone, I'm pretty sure, that wouldn't count. USC, the University of Spoiled Children.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:55 pm

USC didn't cheat to beat Notre Dame. That's a weak argument.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

why

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Then, why doesn't every team have a goal line play where the quarterback sneaks, and the runningback comes up and pushes him through?

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:05 pm

I, along with most everyone saw that, and it was my impression Leinart was already in the end zone,but you have a right to your opinion.
I never saw Bush's shove, if it happened at all.
But the reality is Notre Dame lost that game.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Touchdown?

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Just remember, Touchdown Jesus knows Reggie Bush cheated. BTW, I, along with all the other longhorns, badly wanted USC as our opponent.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:00 pm

With the Rose Bowl being in Pasadena, I still believe it's a home field for USC, but maybe it will become irrelevant after kickoff.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

homefield

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:13 pm

I think UT has been preparing for this game since they arrived there last year, I don't think it's a problem at all. Texas stays at a hotel the night before home games also.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:30 pm

Everyone forgets Michigan nearly beat Texas, but oh well.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:53 pm

I think USC-Texas will be close. I think it could be one of the best games this season.

Rolltide is right, everyone pushes the pile.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:44 pm

I think Texas will win 48-21. I believe USC will have a major breakdown in the first half. If this comes Texas won't let the trojans back into the game and Texas will be the national champs. As much as I hate to be picking a Mack Brown team, this is my only explanation. To be honest I don't really want to root for either team.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:50 pm

If Texas wins the game, I think it will be closer then that. I believe USC is the one with the ability to pull away. USC has too many weapons to be shut down. They can be slowed down, though, and Texas has the offense to hang.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”