Prep Stars

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Which QB will have the best career?

Mitch Mustain - Arkansas
No votes
Matthew Stafford - Georgia
No votes
Tim Tebow - Florida
75%
Jevan Sneed - Texas
25%

Total votes: 4

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Prep Stars

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:01 am

Who do you think is going to be the next big thing out of this senior class. There are a few that look amazing. I'm liking Chris Wells, I feel like he's going to be a Ricky Williams type of runner. Looks like the kinda guy that knows the concept: run North and South, not East and West. And of course I'm praying that Jevan Sneed will have the football gods smile down upon him. Maybe UT still has the same radioactive spider that bit Vince Young.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:34 am

We had a kid from Plainview, TX, class of 2000, named Rod Ansley, who was ranked as the #2 linebacker in the country. He had originally committed to Oklahoma, then changed to Texas Tech. His famous last words

"man she won't flunk me, I'm Rod Ansley!" Yeah, she flunked him, he returned to high school the next year and was never heard from again. Apparently this isn't a unique story.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:44 pm

Snead looked very good. Couldn't really tell about Tebow because the five star tackle who committed to Ohio State was getting beat badly.

Chris Wells the 6-1, 220 Rb from Akron is really good. He knows how to use his weight and he made the front seven on the defense for the west squad look like pop warner kids.

Arum Olson (6-foot-1, 247) the Fullback from South Carolina that just committed to Ohio State let Ohio State run out of the I formation again. I will be glad to see a little smashmouth offense back at Ohio State.

Robert Rose DE out of Cleveland Glenville(6-4, 240) will be the best player in this years class for Ohio State. You won't hear from him nationally until late next season, but by the time his senor season comes along everyone will know who he is. This was his second season playing football and he is already tearing people up. He is very raw and it will take some time, but he is a special player.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:37 pm

I think you are right. Urban Meyer wants a QB who is not afraid to lower his shoulder when he runs. Plus he has a very strong arm. He will fit nicely in Meyers offense. Well, as long as he doesn't watch Leak to closely. It must drive Meyer crazy everytime he sees Leak duck down to avoid being hit.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”