Never Give up

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Never Give up

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:25 am

This is something we all know is true. Winston Churchill did an entire speech where he said nothing but "never give up". But it's hard to put into practice. Especially when your team is down 28-0.

I had already given up and stopped following it, since no one comes back against Alabama when you're down 28 and take the lead, even for 5 minutes. But yet again, I was wrong. They took the lead and held it for a single play. And they came up short in the end due to some seriously blown coverage, but it was one for the ages. Paul Finebaum said it was the best SEC game in his 40 years of covering the conference.

I was seriously ticked they were getting blown out, but I don't mind respectable losses. I'm proud of they way they handled the adversity. But this first half nonsense has got to stop. They did it against Clemson as well.

Mike Bobo is just the worst. :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Never Give up

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:35 am

For sure, do not give up on those Dawgs. They’re currently one of the top 4 teams in the nation……… When it comes to those 4 playing one another it’ll come down to execution, as in Georgia turning the ball over in the first half was the difference in the game. Next time we’ll see how it goes when the Tide has 3 less possessions in one freakin’ half.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”