We're Thinning at Receiver ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

We're Thinning at Receiver ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:19 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------

Miami WR, Jacolby George, is going to be out indefinitely ...

George broke his thumb during the A&M game. Looks like several weeks [obviously]. This type of injury usually has a 6 week healing process.

This bad bad news. He was one of the only set of reliable hands that was consistent enough to make a difference.

With Miami Slot Receiver, Xavier Restrepo, being injured with a broken foot, 3 days before the visit to College Station, we are experiencing some serious depth issues in this unit.

Miami is likely to be a very run heavy oriented offense, for the foreseeable future. The TE's are going to have to be schemed in better. And there may even need to be some creative adjustments, sliding guys over from secondary positions.

I do not doubt that we beat Middle Tennessee State this weekend. The Blue Raiders are otherwise competent on offense. But, I think what they bring is an aggressive defense that could give a team boxed into a one dimensional offense a real game.

I just think Middle Tennessee is going to be worn down by the rushing attack by the end. And their lack of depth on defense will be the difference.

I'm only not so certain we'll have the ability to use this game to build a new dynamic for conference play.

As long as our O & D Lines maintain their productivity, we should be in okay shape ... for this one, at least.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”