Update Today, and Oof ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Update Today, and Oof ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:40 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Notre Dame gets their first win of the year, and it wasn't pretty. Cal was marching the field, with next to no time left on the clock. The timing got thrown off for the QB, and ND wins by non-Interception in the end zone. That ball had to have bobbled through 4 sets of hands before it hit the turf.

Nebraska is what they feared they'd be, and Oklahoma did what we expected them to. The Huskers might be feeling the loss of all those out transfers.

One transfer of which [a Half Back] is now playing for Kansas, who had the game of his life, as Kansas put Houston away 48-30. And it wasn't even as close as the 18 point differential. Kansas controlled the whole pace of the game.

In contrast to that, Kansas State lost today, to Tulane. I have no evaluation of this, because I saw the match up and thought; "why bother?" --- The Green Wave beat the Wildcats 17-10. I did not see that one coming, and wish I would have at the very least tuned in for a few minutes.

I have to address this now, as I watch it in real time. Washington is dominating Michigan State. I assumed this would have been a close game, with the Huskies giving it their all at Home. Then, the inevitable pull away by the Spartans. With 5 minutes to go in the first half, it isn't even a game. UW leads 22-0, and Sparty cannot move the ball. Everything they are trying is stuffed. Looks very vanilla and predictable. I can't see MSU remotely getting themselves back in it. Maybe something will click in the locker room during the break. Maybe the right adjustments will be made to fix whatever the disconnect is ... ... ... ... ... well, maybe I should wait. Michigan St is moving the ball for the first time. If they score, and somehow prevent Wash from scoring again; I guess 2 possessions wouldn't be too insurmountable ... ... ... ... ... ... Sparty scores a TD, and follows with the 2 point conversion ... hmm ... Indiana Transfer QB Thorne is showing his mettle ... ... ... ... ... ... Never Mind. Washington scores a TD with 4 seconds remaining in the half, stretching the lead back to 21.

NC State is leading Texas Tech 20-7 at the half. If things keep heading that way, then the ACC would have another OoC feather to fill the cap.

Iowa has something going for themselves. They're leading 17-0 over Nevada. The Wolf Pack might have the worst D in the FBS this season, though.

Clemson is doing their best to kick their way to a victory. They lead 13-3 over Louisiana Tech. DJ isn't turning out to be the generational QB that Dabo was hoping he'd be.

The Roadrunners are leading the Longhorns 17-7 near mid 2cnd quarter. That's note worthy. I'm going to have to keep my eye on this one.

Oregon crushed BYU's bracket buster hopes. Ducks bounced back big time, while the Cougars are left with a ratchet in the gears. 41-20, and this was a start to finish beating. There was never any question .

App State pulls out a miracle at the end, to beat Troy. A polar opposite of the Notre Dame win, as the ball bounced off one receiver, out of the end zone, caught by another receiver on the 2 yard line, run laterally to the corner near the pylon, and scampers in for the winning score. Just ... okay then.

Bowling Green & Marshall almost come to a rumble ... Overtime game, and the Falcons, of all teams, beat the Herd. [that's got to make the domers queasy]

Arkansas had to wake the snap up ... Missouri State opened up to a 17-0 lead. Someone must have thrown ice cubes into the Razorbacks shorts, because they've since closed that gap, and tied things up @ 17-17 all ... but those pesky Bears aren't just laying down, and have put up another TD, currently leading 24-17. And they have the ball.

Indiana - v- Western Kentucky turned out to be every bit the game it looked like it could be. Hoosiers win 33-30 in OT.

War Eagle ain't happy tonight. They tried a Happy Valley, and attempted an Orange Out, in response to Penn State's White Out environment from last year ... well it worked ... only in reverse. Nittany Lions trounce the Tigers on their home field, 41-12.

All that, and so much more to go ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”