That's A Different Sort of Aggies ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

That's A Different Sort of Aggies ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:03 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, you earn the safety to take the early lead, only to find yourself down 17-2, after 4 Turnovers; What do you do ..?

Apparently, turn to your backup Redshirt QB who transferred in, from Princeton.

Before you know it, 5 plays later, you've traveled 90 yards to trim the lead down to 17-9.

New Mexico State is likely to lose. The defense is looking worn out.

But they've found something on offense.

Still the 4th quarter to go.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: That's A Different Sort of Aggies ...

Postby Mountainman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:08 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

So, you earn the safety to take the early lead, only to find yourself down 17-2, after 4 Turnovers; What do you do ..?

Before you know it, 5 plays later, you've traveled 90 yards to trim the lead down to 17-9.

That kid looked good
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: That's A Different Sort of Aggies ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

That kid looked good

He did ...

And after the first drive, I believe it just gave him confidence to push farther.

He kept them in the game. Even when Nevada seemed to settle back in, the change at QB sure gave NM State a lift. They stayed in the game up to the end.

I hope he doesn't beat himself up too much over that last Interception.

A couple of bad calls by the refs put them in that hurried position.

The Personal Foul Face Mask call that went against the Aggies was not just untimely, it was poor judgement.

The runner grabbed the defenders face mask and tilted his head, where the defender grabbed at the runner, and his hand went into the face mask. He couldn't see where his hand was going to grab the guy, because his head got turned away for the same reason.

If you're gonna call that on the defense, then it should have been offsetting penalties. But they called it against NM State, and it put the Wolf Pack into field goal range, with a first down to burn more clock.

Then, a diving interception that was called incomplete. Would have given the Aggies a chance to take the lead.

Instead, a 3 point kick made it a 2 possession game with less than 2 minutes to play.

Still, that kid got `em down to the redzone with a chance to score and time to spare, if they'd had the chance for an onside kick.

But, alas, an INT in the corner of the end zone was the net result.

A fun game to watch, none-the-less.

Much more entertaining than watching Timmy Chang lead Hawaii to a 53 point loss to Vanderbilt, in his debut Alma Mater return as Head Coach, on the Island.

All while North Texas went on to rout UTEP 31-17, giving me 5 losses for the the day in my picks.

Good thing Illinois, UNLV and {though not without help} Nevada pulled in their victories.

Crazy thing is, I was going to take Northwestern. But I bought into the hype, and got conned into believing all of those close call losses by the Huskers last year, were simply setting themselves up for a leap forward, this year.

But I knew when they hired Whipple as their OC that it would be a bad move. It was under his coaching tutelage where Miami began the downtrend in O-Line Play.

Yesterday, Casey Thompson was running for his life behind the line of scrimmage. That front couldn't block a paper bag blowing in the wind.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”