Not A Facsimile ... Just A Recurrence

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Not A Facsimile ... Just A Recurrence

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me if this sounds familiar ...

Projected UCLA Defensive Leader, LB entered the Transfer Portal, naming Miami as his destination for the upcoming 2022 season.

Yes, I did do a thread on that already.

So imagine how the people in the Bruins faithful feel, that less than a month later, it's happening again.

With the departure of Mitchell Agude to Miami, via the Portal, Caleb Johnson, UCLA's tackle leader from 2020, with 89 tackles in the previous two seasons, including 7 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks and a couple of Interceptions was set to be the defensive standout.

Scouting has Johnson as a good pass rusher, who can hurry a QB, and a skilled tackler, who isn't haphazardly attempting arm tackles. He's a full body hitter, who wraps the ball carrier up --- No slacking, is another quality he's been labeled as. The type of guy who goes hard in practice, never taking a snap off.

Caleb's story is an interesting follow.

Hailing out of San Diego; he initially signed with Texas, coming out of high school. He then opted out, and went to a Junior College for the year, before going to UCLA.

He's now a Hurricane.

With that, UM now has signed the Bruins' top two defensive players the last two seasons; both at Line Backer.

A much needed position fill, as well.

The 'Canes need bodies for depth. And these two guys aren't just stand ins, at rotation. They're ready play made.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Not A Facsimile ... Just A Recurrence

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:The 'Canes need bodies for depth. And these two guys aren't just stand ins, at rotation. They're ready play made.

Which leads me to another name Mountainman is undoubtedly familiar with ...

Ahkeem Mesidor; Defensive Lineman Transfers to Miami.

A 6'2 272 pound junior from Ottawa, Ontario. Mesidor had 70 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in 22 games in two seasons with the Mountaineers.

Through, he played as an Inside DL-man; at his size, may look to slide out to D-End with the Hurricanes.

This is another body who can have high productivity, while keeping the front rotation fresh as a game goes on.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Not A Facsimile ... Just A Recurrence

Postby Mountainman » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:The 'Canes need bodies for depth. And these two guys aren't just stand ins, at rotation. They're ready play made.

Which leads me to another name Mountainman is undoubtedly familiar with ...

Ahkeem Mesidor; Defensive Lineman Transfers to Miami.

A 6'2 272 pound junior from Ottawa, Ontario. Mesidor had 70 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in 22 games in two seasons with the Mountaineers.

Through, he played as an Inside DL-man; at his size, may look to slide out to D-End with the Hurricanes.

This is another body who can have high productivity, while keeping the front rotation fresh as a game goes on.

The Canes got a good one in Mesidor, not only has size, but is also quickness. The guy can really disrupt an offense……….. his leaving was a surprise to Coaching Staff. They claim they never saw it coming, he just left with no indication. He was going to be a big part of the defense this coming season.

You know as well as I do that there’re 3 things that make-up a really good football team….. a good offensive line, a good quarterback and a good defensive front. The Mountaineer O-line should be really good this season, and the addition of JT Daniels at QB is a great, but with a guy the caliber of Mesidor leaving at this point brings the defensive front into question…… we’ll see.

On a side note, the ‘powers that be’ are really upset about Mesidor leaving, but are even more upset with Jahmile Addae, a former player and coach at WVU, and currently the DB Coach at Miami. Seems that’s the 3rd really good player defensive Addae has poached from the Mountaineers in the past few years, and are now saying that Addae was at the Top of the List to become the next Head Football Coach at WVU, but is now off the list……… you know, in today’s world of College Football when I hear stuff like that, I sometimes wonder just what planet some people live on. :roll: :roll: :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”