I Wonder What It’s Going To Take…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

I Wonder What It’s Going To Take…….

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:42 pm

………. TO WAKE THESE GUYS THE HELL UP :? :? :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ince-1981/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I Wonder What It’s Going To Take…….

Postby Derek » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:03 pm

Interesting. It was so slow that I never noticed, and figured COVID could be to blame for a lot of it. But the data doesn't back that up.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: I Wonder What It’s Going To Take…….

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:45 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

The language is saying they are competing vs TV viewership ...

However, this is not something they would be concerned with, if that were the case, would it?

They are continuously seeking larger revenue shares per TV contract. So, if attendance at the stadium were to drop, in the benefit of their TV ratings increase; this would secure their marketing deals with those networks broadcasting their game ... hmm

Maybe then, what is really happening, is the average viewer has other options.

In a world where people are so inclined to be multitaskers, they also would be inclined to tune out certain distractions for those they are accustomed to, as daily.

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Video Games and Netflix/Preferred Streaming platforms are taking eyes and placing them elsewhere.

The key vantage to this, is not the language they did use. Rather, the language they did not use.

TV Ratings in average, in comparison to the average drop in attendance.

Those numbers were not addressed.

It's easy to point a finger with suggestive language. Especially where that language is leaving out key information.

Suggest something is, without evidential support.

The media and Politicians use this form of message interpolation every day.

Tell the Truth, and nothing but the Truth; is very different than, telling the Whole Truth, and nothing but.

Again, I point to the previous thread with News Article, Mountainman had posted up:

http://www.cfpmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12861

Harvey Left Hightower ~ In the future, a coach will not be required to give fact-based answers when questioned by the press about if he is interested in another job. The guidelines state that if such circumstance arises, a coach may say “no,” and the definition of “no” shall mean “no” unless it means “yes.”

Seriously, with language like that, then why even consider any of it Truth?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”